Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Front load medicals or not?

Front load medicals or not?

Old Oct 2nd 2005, 6:05 am
superam74

Default Front load medicals or not?

Hi Everyone. My application reached Adelaide on 5th September. In their acknowledgement email they stated that they would be requesting medicals in about 4 months (around Xmas time). Does anyone know when I should get the medicals done? ie.Should I wait untill they request them? ,or should I get them done soon & front load them. Regards, Pete.

Old Oct 2nd 2005, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Front load medicals or not?

Originally Posted by superam74
Hi Everyone. My application reached Adelaide on 5th September. In their acknowledgement email they stated that they would be requesting medicals in about 4 months (around Xmas time). Does anyone know when I should get the medicals done? ie.Should I wait untill they request them? ,or should I get them done soon & front load them. Regards, Pete.
Whatever you decide, DO NOT have your medicals done until you have a Case File Number. The medicals will be sent directly to Sydney by the Panel Doctor, so without the CFN they may not be able to match them up with your application in Adelaide. If this happens, you will have to re-do them.
I have been told that some Panel Doctors are not prepared to do the medicals without the request letter and appropriate forms.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 11:21 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

we are about the same, acknowledgement 6th sept. we are going to wait until the medicals are requested and not frontload them. i think if you do frontload, it will only knock off 4/5 weeks from the time span anyway, so in our eyes, its not worth it!!

BUT, it is a personal choice and only you can make it (talk about sitting on the fence...lol )
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 11:23 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

We frontloaded but were in an ultra hurry so the 4-5 weeks was worth it for us ( got our visas in just over 3mths non-MODL Skilled 136).
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 11:24 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

We didnt front load and there is no point really. It might shave a couple of weeks off your visa time overall but compared to the possible grief of not having a case file number, having to obtain the forms from the embassy and finding a panel doctor to do them without - seems hardly worth ithe bother mate
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 11:43 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
We didnt front load and there is no point really. It might shave a couple of weeks off your visa time overall but compared to the possible grief of not having a case file number, having to obtain the forms from the embassy and finding a panel doctor to do them without - seems hardly worth ithe bother mate
sorry to go off on a tangent.....hows life in aus centurion? have you settled in okay?
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 11:53 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Front load medicals or not?

Originally Posted by Tuxtrip
Whatever you decide, DO NOT have your medicals done until you have a Case File Number. The medicals will be sent directly to Sydney by the Panel Doctor, so without the CFN they may not be able to match them up with your application in Adelaide. If this happens, you will have to re-do them.
I have been told that some Panel Doctors are not prepared to do the medicals without the request letter and appropriate forms.
If they got the same email from them that we have then there is a CLF number on it which says that this should be used for all correspndance.

R.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 12:17 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by Carruss
If they got the same email from them that we have then there is a CLF number on it which says that this should be used for all correspndance.

R.
we just got an e-mail from our agent saying that they have acknowledged
on 06/09/05 and stating the CLF number as well. it would have been nice to get a copy of the letter from DIMIA, because i wasnt aware of the 4 months being quoted until the medicals should get requested.