Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Front End Loading for defacto spouse visa

Front End Loading for defacto spouse visa

Old Apr 24th 2003, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

claresome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Front End Loading for defacto spouse visa

I'm new to all this but just want to say what a fab site, I've learnt heaps!

I'm an aussie and my boyfriend is UK and we're applying for the defacto spouse visa as have been together for nearly 4 years and living together for 3. Got most of stuff together but are contemplating doing the front end loading thing BUT my boyfriend requires his passport in July and it says that you have to send your passport in with the front end loaded application - would it be too risky to do this? I've seen that many people have received visas in 20 - 50 days doing it this way.

Also I'm a bit confused with the written statement thing - do I have to get them signed by a notary public/solicitor?

And....as evidence of genuineness and continuity etc. can you include silly things like switch receipts for dinners, tickets to theatre etc. and also emails to each other when we were apart? I personally think that's a bit mushy but want to do anything I can to improve chances.

I'd appreciate any comments here, thanks for listening!

Clare & Dave
Old Apr 25th 2003, 5:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I believe when you front-end load you do have to send your passport with it. If you apply for a personal appointment at Oz House you take the application and the passport there yourself and they do it all on the spot - see http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORM...nd_loading.pdf
so then you don't have to give up your passport at all.
The Stat Decs need to be signed by a JP, solicitor, etc - do a search on this forum, and the Aus Immigration forum on the same site, and you will find loads of info on that.
I am applying for a Prospective Marriage visa, and am including tickets to events and places we've visited together (Grand Prix, Ashes cricket matches, that kind of thing), my plane tickets from visiting him in Oz, and stuff like that - anything that proves we have met, share the same interests, and that kind of thing. They want prove that you share your life and your hobbies etc, so all that sort of thing helps.
Some people seem to have included personal letters, emails etc - I have heard that they don't want personal letters, so I am just including a signed declaration which includes the fact that we have a lot of letters sent between us which can be provided if necessary.
One thing they do like is bills with both names on; we don't have any of those yet being in different countries, but as you are living together already you probably do have. so put them in.
Good luck,
Pollyana

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 25th 2003 at 7:50 am.
Old Apr 25th 2003, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point

we are doing the same as you for my partner Bev we have been together for 10 years I am an aussie citzen.

we have an appoitment for a front end loaded application on the 30th May but have since found out that it would probably of been faster to send the stuff in rather than attend in person.

My understanding is you do need the passport. I think the 20-50 days might be a bit ambitous with mdecials and police checks.

In terms of evidence the previous mail was a good answer we have a 4 year child so that helps, but things like our wills, evidence of the name of life insurance benficicaries, bills, invites, etc, all help.

We having been given differing opions on stat dec's being ceritfied. I don't think they do have to from a number of mails I had from people who already have their visa's.

In any case when yo think it through how can someone certify these statements unless in each case they can witness them being signed??

hope this helps.

James

Perth in sept hopefully.
Old Apr 25th 2003, 7:49 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

James,
Can you tell me - if your appointment is for May 30th, when did you email Oz House? That is - how far ahead are they booking? I'm trying to decide whether to send it or go in person, so an idea of how long I would have to wait at present for an appointment would be helpful!
Thanks
Pollyana
Old Apr 25th 2003, 8:30 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Can you make a front-end loaded application with all visas?
Old Apr 25th 2003, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Andrew P is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Why not front end load??

HI,

I was about to send off my Spouse Visa application this week, but after reading these messages on front end loading I am wondering why I should. Am I missing something here or is it true that if I get all my documents together and make an appointment at Auz House I can get my visa the same day?

If I were to send in my application as it now stands, ie awaiting police check and medical check they can;t make a decision until it is complete anyway can they? So what possibel reason would I have for sending it in now rather than wait until I can just get may visa the same day?

I must be missing something here, can someone let me know? As long as I am prepared to validate my visa 12 months after the dates on my medical and police check.

One other thing referring to statutory declarations, these don't have to be certified it's just the copies of passports etc. The stat decs are just letters from people that know the two parties and can attest to their relatiosnhip.

thanks fellow emigratees
Old Apr 25th 2003, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

we booked the appointment about 2 weeks or so ago so I guess six or seven weeks is the answer. We asked to get it brought forward but they wouldn't.

Don't know on the other question re front end loaded applications I thought they were for aussie citzens, partners or husbands and wifes I could be wrong though. You would need to check the DIMA website.

rgds

James
Old Apr 25th 2003, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

andrew, on the fornt end loaded thing I'm sure they can't make a decision till you have the police and medical checks. So your best plan in my view is to get this all together then either ask for an appt, where as you say you could get the visa same day possibly or send all the documents in together, which from other messages I have read, it seems they are turning round at least as fast if not faster than waiting for an appt at them moment.

hope this helps

James
Old Apr 25th 2003, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Thom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Front end

Hello
I am a Aussie and we front loaded my Hubbys application and yes it was approved in 20 days!!!
You organize your Medical yourself and your police Record.
All documents you have to be certified you take to the Soliciter who will charge for this so try and take everything you need average charge for his was £30.But if you forget 1 they will charge another £5 so far best to get it all done in one hit.
We enclosed letters from freinds/relatives stating that they have kknown as for so long etc,Wills,Utillity Bills and the odd photo of us out together.The more stuff the better.
Once you recieve all your medical/police record back you then send it in.They contact you to say it has been approved and then you can send your passport to have a stamp in it.Hope that helps and best of luck.
Old Apr 25th 2003, 9:07 am
Home and Happy

James,
Thanks for that - gives me an idea of how long I'll have to wait. I shall probably go for the in-person option, as I hate the idea of letting everything go out of my hands! I'd rather deliver it personally, and then I won't have to lie in wait for the postman every day waiting for the answer!!
Good luck for the 30th!
Pollyana
Old Apr 25th 2003, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Andrew P is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Wow, thanks for all the help

Thanks everyone for the help on Spouse Visa's, I am going to get everything and then go in and get it done there and then. I'll let you know how it goes.

One other question, not strictly related but I'm sure one of you will know the answer.

What else do we need to do? In terms of I know how to get a visa now (hopefully) I just don't know anything about who to tell in the UK, do I need to inform the tax office here that I am leaving, what happens to the UK pension, national insurance sontribs etc etc. Does anyone know what to do as relates to the non-visa stuff,

many thanks

Andrew P
Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

don't know the answer to your questions re tax office, pensions, andrew but very interested to find out if anyone knows.

James