Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

friends wanted sutherlandshire area

friends wanted sutherlandshire area

Old Sep 17th 2009, 6:36 am
Just Joined

take me home is an unknown quantity at this point
Default friends wanted sutherlandshire area

we are living in near sutherland area - looking for friends, have 11yr old son needing pals too- anyone got some advice?
Old Sep 17th 2009, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

Linda S is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Meeting new friends

Hi, we are newish to the St George & Sutherland (NSW)area and are looking to meet new friends. We have an 11 year old son who would like to meet new friends too. We are from Scotland originally but have moved around Australia but are now living at Dolls Point. We like to socailise but have found it hard lately. Any info on meetings etc - would be appreciated - thanks.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 12:55 am
Just Joined

Emmy Lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: friends wanted

Originally Posted by take me home
we are living in near sutherland area - looking for friends, have 11yr old son needing pals too- anyone got some advice?
Its hard isn't it? We have moved recently from Sydney and are 'starting over again' again..... since moving to the area, I have gone to cooking classes and joined the gym and managed to get into a netball team, sports seem to be a really good way of meeting ppl, although you have to enjoy the things u r doing.

Do the things u enjoy and you will naturally meet ppl, u just have to put yourself out there. also volunteer work would be good, but I suppose it depends on the time you have available. RSl clubs usually have various activities going on, would there be anything there to interest you? I suppoe the thing to remeber is you won't make friends straight away, its when you keep doing the activities for a while, u start to chat to ppl, which will develop into friendships.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 11:58 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: friends wanted sutherlandshire area

Cronulla rsl on a wednesday night at 6pm is where a few expats ladies meet
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks that sound good - do you have a contact number so I can arrange to meet up at the RSL sometime - Linda
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Linda S
Thanks that sound good - do you have a contact number so I can arrange to meet up at the RSL sometime - Linda
ps im also the other memeber take me home - i joined again as i forgot my log in details lol.... will be using the Linda S from now on