Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Friends wanted Brisbane....

Friends wanted Brisbane....

Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

kath2604 has a brilliant futurekath2604 has a brilliant futurekath2604 has a brilliant futurekath2604 has a brilliant futurekath2604 has a brilliant futurekath2604 has a brilliant future
Default Friends wanted Brisbane....

...only females need apply.

Been living in Brisbane for 2 years now and have not made any good female friends to go out drinking, shopping, coffeeing etc with.

I am normal (honest) not married and no kids. Live with Brissy partner, but need female company (so I can whinge about him! hahaha!)

I've joined sports clubs to meet peeps, and work for a large org where you'd think I'd meet friends, but the girls here seem to like to keep in their own groups (not as friendly as I thought they would be).

Would love to hear from you if you wanna meet up and get out of the house.
I'm 30 - so somewhere around there would be good!

K
Old Nov 17th 2007, 10:19 am
Just Joined

linabey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Friends wanted Brisbane....

Hi K - have sent you a PM.

Cheers, L
Old Nov 17th 2007, 11:05 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah if only I was in Brissy or you were in canberra

I love shopping, tea and going out for a drink and not necessarily in that order!

Good luck!

Carmel
Old Nov 17th 2007, 1:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kath2604

Been living in Brisbane for 2 years now and have not made any good female friends to go out drinking, shopping, coffeeing etc with.

I am normal (honest) not married and no kids. Live with Brissy partner, but need female company (so I can whinge about him! hahaha!)

I've joined sports clubs to meet peeps, and work for a large org where you'd think I'd meet friends, but the girls here seem to like to keep in their own groups (not as friendly as I thought they would be).

K
Its a very big place - whereabouts are you? I'm in Aspley, work at Kedron,can travel PM me if you don't want to post your suburb on the foruum
Old Nov 18th 2007, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

jackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the rough

Hi Kath,

I've sent you a PM! (ps, i am a girlie, just using my partners login as i don't have one!)
Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice

K

Where are you Kath?

I am in Heritage Park, by Browns Plains, south of Brissie. If you are in my neck of the woods I'll defo meet up for a drink and a chat.

PM if you want.

Carol
Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice

K
JUst seen your age Kath. I am 41 going on 26 - is that any good???
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

kath2604 has a brilliant futurekath2604 has a brilliant futurekath2604 has a brilliant futurekath2604 has a brilliant futurekath2604 has a brilliant futurekath2604 has a brilliant future

I'm based in Ashgrove and work in the city.
I share a car with my partner, but use public transport lots!

Anyone close by?

K
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Friends wanted Brisbane....

K
Hi K

I'm 34 and live in Kenmore (not too far from Ashgrove). I live with Brissy partner too!

Give me a shout if you fancy hooking up, I like shopping (no surprises there!), coffee, getting drunk on girls nights out and so on ...... just generally being social. I'm at uni and semester has finished so have a bit of spare time for the next few months ....

Actually, there was talk of a Brissy girls night out. Maybe we could arrange one closer to chrissy and then we can all hook up - who's keen?

Cheers

Faye
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:26 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Hi K

I'm 34 and live in Kenmore (not too far from Ashgrove). I live with Brissy partner too!

Give me a shout if you fancy hooking up, I like shopping (no surprises there!), coffee, getting drunk on girls nights out and so on ...... just generally being social. I'm at uni and semester has finished so have a bit of spare time for the next few months ....

Actually, there was talk of a Brissy girls night out. Maybe we could arrange one closer to chrissy and then we can all hook up - who's keen?

Cheers

Faye
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Tee hee! I have my mum here til 10 December so maybe Friday 14th? Personally I find Friday the better night as it can be a bit "couply" on Saturdays, not sure if everyone agrees with this.

I will have to double check with OH we are not pencilled in for any client christmas parties or anything, but should be ok!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

I'm based in Ashgrove and work in the city.
I share a car with my partner, but use public transport lots!

Anyone close by?

K
I'm close, I'm in Bardon and been here 4 months.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:19 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Count me in for a girls night out

Based in Sherwood (west suburbs) but happy to travel!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:43 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ridds
Count me in for a girls night out

Based in Sherwood (west suburbs) but happy to travel!
I'm in Aspley but can (and will!) travel. 14th would be perfect for me. The MIL arrives the next day for gawd knows how long so its probably my last chance to get out and party till the New Year
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm in Aspley but can (and will!) travel. 14th would be perfect for me. The MIL arrives the next day for gawd knows how long so its probably my last chance to get out and party till the New Year
Is it a night in the city?

I live in Redland Bay but could easy get a train into the city from Cleveland.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.