friends?!

Old Feb 25th 2009, 3:59 am
Just Joined

twinkle28874 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default friends?!

Ok, so i think this is a kind of strange way of making friends, but i'll give it a go!
I'm 34 year old English girl, looking to make new friends.
I have lived in Sydney ( Surry Hills) for a year and a half now, having moved here with hubby on a 457 visa. In the beginning we were really excited to be here, made lots of effort to be social, get out there, meet people and make new friends.
But over this time I have had some bad health issues, spent a lot of time isolated at home and just recently had to return to the Uk for some time as there was a death in the family.
I am now finding that those friendships that were developing have faded, people have moved on, found different friends or just got bored waiting!
I am now ready to try and get back on the social roundabout and would love to meet some people of similar age group.
I love shopping, art, design, walks in the park, photography and dabble in making 'stuff'. It would be great to make girl friends to spend afternoon's shopping, chilling in cafes, nights on the town or going to the cinema have girly chats and giggles.

It's not hard to meet people in this city, but definatley difficult to meet people you genuinley like and have things in common with!
Drop me a line if you feel like a chat!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 11:44 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice
Default Re: friends?!

Have a look at the girls goin out for drink on Fridays, seems like they'd be around your age & up for a laugh. Goo dplace to start
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:33 am
Just Joined

twinkle28874 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hoola
Have a look at the girls goin out for drink on Fridays, seems like they'd be around your age & up for a laugh. Goo dplace to start
Hi,
thanks for the tip, sadly I am not in town this week and so will miss the meet up... do they have get togethers often, I suppose I will just need to keep my eyes peeled on here!
Thanks again
Old Feb 26th 2009, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

There's a group that meet every Thursday night generally in the CBD or nearby. That is a mix of men, women, singles and couples. We've been a couple of times (although not recently) and they are a friendly bunch.
I've not met any of the Friday night girls, but they post on a thread about girlie friends in Sydney. I think they get together regularly, but not sure if its every week.
A group of us get together in the daytime on the first Tuesday of every month, but next weeks meet is in Glenhaven which is a long way from you. You'd be more than welcome to join us though if you fancy venturing that far.
Hope some of this helps.