Reload this Page >

fridge and washer in OZ

fridge and washer in OZ

Old Oct 4th 2007, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

kflee0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fridge and washer in OZ

hi all,

I am about to move in an apartment and need to get a refrigerator and washer but have no idea which brand are more trusted and reliable in OZ. Talk to one of the saleman at BingLee and he recommended Westinghouse fridge and Whirlpool top load washer. Never heard of Westinghouse fridge, does anyone has any experience with this brand? Also, anyone has any thought about Whirlpool washer, the salesman asked for us to avoid the full electronic washer as it tends to give more problem from time to time. Anyone? Any thought?

Thanks
Michael
Old Oct 5th 2007, 12:41 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: fridge and washer in OZ

Originally Posted by kflee0
hi all,

I am about to move in an apartment and need to get a refrigerator and washer but have no idea which brand are more trusted and reliable in OZ. Talk to one of the saleman at BingLee and he recommended Westinghouse fridge and Whirlpool top load washer. Never heard of Westinghouse fridge, does anyone has any experience with this brand? Also, anyone has any thought about Whirlpool washer, the salesman asked for us to avoid the full electronic washer as it tends to give more problem from time to time. Anyone? Any thought?

Thanks
Michael
Westinghouse are part of Electrolux, you might be more familiar with them in Europe
as good a quality as any of the white good manufacturers imo

as for a washer, the big Q is whether you go front or top loader? it's been discussed many times so have a search if you're interested
Old Oct 5th 2007, 12:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Samsung front loading washing machine and a Maytag fridge freezer. Not had any problems with either of them yet and I got them bith for 20% less than the price tag said. My new cooker is a westinghouse, but it's gas and I don't know how reliable it is as I've only used it once

Of course the better brand is probably Miele, but it can be very expensive.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
My new cooker is a westinghouse, but it's gas and I don't know how reliable it is as I've only used it once
everything gets cooked on the barbie
Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
everything gets cooked on the barbie
If I waited for my OH to cook everything I'd starve to death
Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
If I waited for my OH to cook everything I'd starve to death
oh i forgot, the bbq is the man's domain
Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gedge
oh i forgot, the bbq is the man's domain

Absolutely.