Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Friday 13th-Can the day get any worse?

Friday 13th-Can the day get any worse?

Old May 13th 2005, 9:07 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Friday 13th-Can the day get any worse?

Hubby & i are having major probs with our teenage son at the moment,aside from the problems Andrew has,its just typical teenage stuff, his attitude stinks,telling lies etc..

Today andrew got a telling off,just so happened to be in his bedroom at the time,window wide open,next minute i noticed a police car pull up & the police man walked towards our door,i opens the screen to him telling me that they recieved a report of shouting & the posibility that my hubby had beaten me up
I was shocked to say the least Hubby was stunned! we both explained to the officer that we were having problems with our son,it had built up & came to a head,the officer asked to speak to andrew in private,which he did.
We both appoligised to the officer for raising our voices at our son! & he left.
We asked Andrew what the officer had asked him & he asked him if we had hit him? Andrew replied no i was just getting a good telling off.

I think hubby & i are still in shock,now very wary of shouting incase the police are called,never tried being quietly angry before!!

So to all you frustrated parents with troublesome teens-think twice before you shout at them!! (or make sure every window in the house is shut first ! )

Donna.
Old May 13th 2005, 9:10 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Friday 13th-Can the day get any worse?

Originally Posted by madsad
Hubby & i are having major probs with our teenage son at the moment,aside from the problems Andrew has,its just typical teenage stuff, his attitude stinks,telling lies etc..

Today andrew got a telling off,just so happened to be in his bedroom at the time,window wide open,next minute i noticed a police car pull up & the police man walked towards our door,i opens the screen to him telling me that they recieved a report of shouting & the posibility that my hubby had beaten me up
I was shocked to say the least Hubby was stunned! we both explained to the officer that we were having problems with our son,it had built up & came to a head,the officer asked to speak to andrew in private,which he did.
We both appoligised to the officer for raising our voices at our son! & he left.
We asked Andrew what the officer had asked him & he asked him if we had hit him? Andrew replied no i was just getting a good telling off.

I think hubby & i are still in shock,now very wary of shouting incase the police are called,never tried being quietly angry before!!

So to all you frustrated parents with troublesome teens-think twice before you shout at them!! (or make sure every window in the house is shut first ! )

Donna.

Its a wee be differant from Glasgow Donna.

I'd love to know how many neighbours were hiding behind the curtains when the cops were there.
Old May 13th 2005, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Eew how awful, makes you feel like you're being watched all the time. How can you be a good parent if you can't yell at 'em? Are you wondering now which neighbour dobbed you in?
Old May 13th 2005, 9:17 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Donna.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I think of all the yelling I've done.......just today!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one with kid problems......my middle one (12) is driving us insane........
Old May 13th 2005, 9:19 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Donna.
Hi Donna,
That was a bit of a shock I bet. It might also be a shock for Andrew - may help him calm down a bit. He will settle and you know he will, it's a massive move for any child but when you think what that cow put him through plus his ADHD, it must be even harder for him to adjust.
Wishing you tons of luck.
Sarah
Old May 13th 2005, 9:19 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Its a wee be differant from Glasgow Donna.

I'd love to know how many neighbours were hiding behind the curtains when the cops were there.
Yip,we,ve just found that out the hard / imbarassing way!

Our house is totally fenced off but i bet they had thier nose pokin through the bloody slats

Donna.
Old May 13th 2005, 9:23 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Our house is totally fenced off but i bet they had thier nose pokin through the bloody slats

Donna.
Just shout Getaefu yabassa. Good Scottish war cry.
Old May 13th 2005, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
Eew how awful, makes you feel like you're being watched all the time. How can you be a good parent if you can't yell at 'em? Are you wondering now which neighbour dobbed you in?
The family over the back from us,our fence is between them,they were the only family out at the time,cant wait till i hear her shouting at her kids

Donna.
Old May 13th 2005, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

achish is on a distinguished road

Donna.
I have never EVER heard of the police actually taking any action like that before.
Usually you have to beg them to check anything of that nature out, I would say there would have been more than one complaint for them to act this way or there had been previous complaints. By the way, coming from past experience yelling is pointless. Like the saying goes...there are more ways than one to skin a cat.
Old May 13th 2005, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by teach
Hi Donna,
That was a bit of a shock I bet. It might also be a shock for Andrew - may help him calm down a bit. He will settle and you know he will, it's a massive move for any child but when you think what that cow put him through plus his ADHD, it must be even harder for him to adjust.
Wishing you tons of luck.
Sarah

Andrew is in his element Sarah,there is his ADHD & there is just being dam cheeky & pushing the boundaries,what most teens do!
If he was having probs settling or adjusting he would say or it would come out through an outburst.
I can guarantee now he will push the buttons even more because the police were called for us shouting!

Donna.
Old May 13th 2005, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by achish
I have never EVER heard of the police actually taking any action like that before.
Usually you have to beg them to check anything of that nature out, I would say there would have been more than one complaint for them to act this way or there had been previous complaints. By the way, coming from past experience yelling is pointless. Like the saying goes...there are more ways than one to skin a cat.
Yes there is-How do you fancy having my son lodging with you for a week

Donna.
Old May 13th 2005, 9:43 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

We both appoligised to the officer for raising our voices at our son

So to all you frustrated parents with troublesome teens-think twice before you shout at them!! (or make sure every window in the house is shut first

Donna.

Hi Donna,

All I can say is What a bloody cheek! For gods sake, can one not discipline their bloody kids now!!
I know exactly how you feel, I have a 14 year old daughter who is a major pain in my arse all of the time, the only time I don't have any bother from her is when she is asleep or at school....
I am always at loggerheads with her, always shouting, complaining because she likes to live like a slob..
God help anyone, whether they be a cop or a neighbour knock at my door and try and poke their nose in....

Good luck anyway, from one stressed Mother to another...

Deb......
Old May 13th 2005, 9:59 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by achish
Have you got any kids?
Old May 13th 2005, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Donna.
Sorry you had a nightmare today..is that why I saw malcolm in the bottle shop..stocking up on your vino!!! Today's another day, and..........BBQ day!!
Old May 13th 2005, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by logan
Sorry you had a nightmare today..is that why I saw malcolm in the bottle shop..stocking up on your vino!!! Today's another day, and..........BBQ day!!

Hey Sshhhh,next i,ll be getting done for drinking in charge of kids!

Donna.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.