Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Frequent Flyer Schemes

Frequent Flyer Schemes

Old May 4th 2003, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Frequent Flyer Schemes

Does anybody have a view which airlines offer the best deals for frequent flyers?

We are moving in sept to perth but becasue of a business interest here we expect to be going back and forth a couple fo times a year and keen to get the best deal. Previous only flown on holidays a couple of times a year and never bothered with these schemes.

Any suggestions??

James
Old May 4th 2003, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Hi James

Funnily enough a friend phoned me yesterday from NZ and told me to me that when booking our flights we should request points against our tickets and if they asked if we were frequent flyers, that we should say yes. Apparently you get a lot of points per ticket and this entitles you to huge savings on flight bookings made thereafter.

Sorry to be so vague but I'm sure if you made enquiries with an agent they would be able to enlighten you.

If you have no joy I would be quite happy to contact my friend for full details altho I am sure someone on this forum must know.
Old May 4th 2003, 9:20 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Frequent Flyer Schemes

Originally posted by james & bev
Does anybody have a view which airlines offer the best deals for frequent flyers?

We are moving in sept to perth but becasue of a business interest here we expect to be going back and forth a couple fo times a year and keen to get the best deal. Previous only flown on holidays a couple of times a year and never bothered with these schemes.

Any suggestions??

James
Try KRIS FLYER with Singapore Airlines, you can earn/spend miles, with any airline, hotel chain in the STAR ALLIANCE group, ie: Virgin, Thai, Air New Zealand, Air Canada.

www.krisflyer.com

Hope this helps.
Old May 5th 2003, 3:23 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frequent Flyer Schemes

James,

Have a look at this site - it usually contains some useful information on Frequent Flyer programmes:
http://www.frequentflyer.com.au

Your choices are probably:

- Singapore Airlines (Kris Flyer) - you'd probably receive a big bonus for signing up and flying with them presently because of SARS
- Qantas/BA (part of the OneWorld alliance)
- Emirates (Skywards)

I recall that with Qantas you don't receive so many points if flying from LHR and if you have a UK postal address, but I stand to be corrected ...

Best regards.

Originally posted by james & bev

Any suggestions??

James
Old May 5th 2003, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

You receive same amount of FF points on Qantas regardless of your postal address, I say that from my personal experience.

Personally I believe if you are going to be living in Australia you are probably better off going with Qantas. If you get a Qantas credit card with ANZ you can easily accumulate miles very quickly. Qantas frequent flyer points will allow travel on BA and Qantas. A free trip back to the UK economy class is 100,000 points but even though that sounds a lot it is amazing how quickly they can build up.
Old May 6th 2003, 12:14 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Given that you receive about 20,000 points for a return UK-Oz trip, you only need five to get a free return flight. This might sound a lot but a 20% reward is huge - check out Qantas' website