Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

french lessons in school perth?

french lessons in school perth?

Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

chlor is on a distinguished road
Question french lessons in school perth?

Hi does anyone know if any of the high schools or primary schools in perth teach french? My children are currently bilingual after having lived in france for 4 years and i would not like them to loose this language if we move to oz.
Also if there are schools, it would affect which area we would be looking to move to.

Thanks
Chlor
Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of
Default Re: french lessons in school perth?

Hi Chlor,

My mother in law goes to French discussion classes and such in Perth. There seems to be quite a big French community. Check this website out :

http://www.afperth.asn.au/

all the best

Tim
Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:16 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chlor
Hi does anyone know if any of the high schools or primary schools in perth teach french? My children are currently bilingual after having lived in france for 4 years and i would not like them to loose this language if we move to oz.
Also if there are schools, it would affect which area we would be looking to move to.

Thanks
Chlor
Currambine Primary in Currambine teach french, not sure of anyothers
Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:35 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Currambine Primary in Currambine teach french, not sure of anyothers
My girls do French at Ocean Reef - it's very basic though, not much use for a bilingual.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:42 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Both of my children's schools (Primary and High School) teach French, however it's not with the same "verve" as they would get in France (or in my case Quebec.)
I think how well they hang on to their second language depends on the degree of ease with which they use it now.

My daughter was 10 when we moved here and her french is still fluent (though I am the only person she has to practice with) my son however was 8 and I don't think he had ENOUGH of a basis to really keep it as well as my daughter. He's ok, but he's lost the fluency.

There are resources here and most schools will have a French class but don't expect miracles. YOU will be the best french teacher they can have!

Siren
Old Feb 1st 2007, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Hello everybody

French is a beautiful language - Maybe yu should not restrict yourself to French people but also people from other countries who speaks French too - example : Canada"(Quebec) - Belgium - Madagascar - Mauritius Ghana - Senegal - Luxembourg etc...
I'm sure there must be some sort of clubs or association where they meet.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Both of my children's schools (Primary and High School) teach French, however it's not with the same "verve" as they would get in France (or in my case Quebec.)
I think how well they hang on to their second language depends on the degree of ease with which they use it now.

My daughter was 10 when we moved here and her french is still fluent (though I am the only person she has to practice with) my son however was 8 and I don't think he had ENOUGH of a basis to really keep it as well as my daughter. He's ok, but he's lost the fluency.

There are resources here and most schools will have a French class but don't expect miracles. YOU will be the best french teacher they can have!

Siren
Thanks siren
what schools are you kids at?
unfortunatly my french is not really as good as the kids so it wouldn't be good practice for them to talk with me we have only lived in france 4 years originally british.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:04 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

The youngest goes to Glengarry Primary and the other three are in Duncraig HS.
French in manditory in PS but once in HS they have the choice of French or Indonesian. We, of course chose French because I, like you, don't want them to lose it through lack of use.

Siren
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:48 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter didn't have french lessons in Primary,she had German!!

She now has lessons in High School though.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
The youngest goes to Glengarry Primary and the other three are in Duncraig HS.
French in manditory in PS but once in HS they have the choice of French or Indonesian. We, of course chose French because I, like you, don't want them to lose it through lack of use.

Siren
thanks again siren
we were looking at padbury to move to would this be close enough to duncraig high school?
corinne
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:27 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
My daughter didn't have french lessons in Primary,she had German!!

She now has lessons in High School though.
Mine had german in Marmion but now I have moved her to Connolly she has Japanese. Would much rather she learnt French.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

leezo is on a distinguished road

Thanks
Chlor
Springfield Primary in Kallaroo teach French, that is fairly close to Padbury

Good luck
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 10:48 am
Just Joined

JR56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chlor,
we too are living France in Brittany and have been here 9 years and face the same problem as yourselves regarding job oportunities for our children later in life. Has anyone come back to you regarding French in schools as we would like our children to carry on their french too. We are not sure in which state to relocate too either which is making the dilemma worse.
I hope to hear from you soon
Kind regards
Janet

Thanks
Chlor
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:46 pm

thanks again siren
we were looking at padbury to move to would this be close enough to duncraig high school?
corinne
Absolutely! Duncraig and Padbury are divided by Hepburn Ave. Lots of kids that go to Duncraig live in Padbury.

Siren
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

grunty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

East Claremont Primary School in Perth offers a partial French immersion programme, if this is of any use - see their website:

http://www.eastclaremontps.wa.edu.au/view/learning/20/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.