Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Freedom Shipping's insurance?

Freedom Shipping's insurance?

Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Freedom Shipping's insurance?

We are planning on sending 20 tea cartons and 2 bicycles from the Uk to Brisbane using Freedom Shipping. They seem very helpful and the price is good but the one thing that does bother me is their insurance. The lady on the phone explained to me that if items in the boxes get broken only items in their original packaging will be covered. Obviously I haven't kept the original packaging for things such as plates, glasses, pictures, vases etc. so by the sounds of it they will not be covered? The contents of the boxes will be covered if individual items go missing, get water damaged or if the whole box goes missing. Anyone got any advice?

Thanks
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice
Default Re: Freedom Shipping's insurance?

Originally Posted by GillyG
We are planning on sending 20 tea cartons and 2 bicycles from the Uk to Brisbane using Freedom Shipping. They seem very helpful and the price is good but the one thing that does bother me is their insurance. The lady on the phone explained to me that if items in the boxes get broken only items in their original packaging will be covered. Obviously I haven't kept the original packaging for things such as plates, glasses, pictures, vases etc. so by the sounds of it they will not be covered? The contents of the boxes will be covered if individual items go missing, get water damaged or if the whole box goes missing. Anyone got any advice?

Thanks
Hi we shipped boxes in October with freedom they were great we took out insurance through Letton we found it through this site and it was a lot cheaper and gave us more cover if you have a look for it on here you will come accross it and they have a web page Hope this helps Kate
Old Apr 12th 2009, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

I used Freedom in Nov 2007 and they were fantastic. Didnt take out insurance (took a gamble) and the only thing that was damaged was when i unpacked a box and dropped a glass bowl
Old Apr 12th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Letton & Percival are cheapest!
Bluekipper