Reload this Page >

Free online Aussie Drivers test

Free online Aussie Drivers test

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 6:50 pm
Brisbane here we come!

myedsore will become famous soon enoughmyedsore will become famous soon enough
Default Free online Aussie Drivers test

Hi All

If like me you will need to redo your theory test when you get to Australia, then here are two links.

This one is for the online theory test
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...est/index.html

Hope you find these handy, get up to speed before you arrive!!!

Cheers
Mark

Last edited by myedsore; Jan 23rd 2006 at 7:33 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:04 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free online Aussie Drivers test

This is for SA!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:44 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

As far as i am aware, there is no test to take for SA.....just a straight licence swap!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:41 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
As far as i am aware, there is no test to take for SA.....just a straight licence swap!
Same as NSW, VIC and WA. No theory test for existing Full UK licence holders

No such luck for QLD or TAS

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Hi

Going to Perth
I am sure you have to do a theory test after 3 months of arriving

Beth
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

arghh, got all excited then! we off to qld
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:59 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi

Going to Perth

Beth
WA - No theory test required (Swap your licence within the 3 months)

If you are the holder of a licence from a 'recognised country', you are not required to sit the road rules theory test or the motorcycle theory test (if applicable). However, you are still required to sit the heavy vehicles theory test if you are applying for the equivalent WA classes.

If you are under 19 or have held your overseas licence for less than two years, you will get a probationary WA licence. A probationary licence means that you will be required to display 'P' plates when driving until the probationary period expires. While you are on 'P' plates it is illegal to drive with a blood alcohol level of 0.02% or above.

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/mylicence/1363.asp

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

If you are the holder of a licence from a 'recognised country', you are not required to sit the road rules theory test or the motorcycle theory test (if applicable). However, you are still required to sit the heavy vehicles theory test if you are applying for the equivalent WA classes.

If you are under 19 or have held your overseas licence for less than two years, you will get a probationary WA licence. A probationary licence means that you will be required to display 'P' plates when driving until the probationary period expires. While you are on 'P' plates it is illegal to drive with a blood alcohol level of 0.02% or above.

Hi

Great site.
Very helpful.

Thanks Beth
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

This certainly saves a lot of hassle, I was under the impression that you had to do a theory, I'm sure I've seen or heard it before but looking at the link it does indeed seem to be correct.

Has the law been changed recently or have migrants in WA holding a UK driving licence always been exempt from a theory test. Anyone?
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:25 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi

Going to Perth

Beth
As you are probably aware by now, there is definitely no theory test in WA. We swapped our UK licence after being here for 14 months, no problems and no tests. and on my new licence there were no points for speeding fines either
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:37 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Xgeminix
This certainly saves a lot of hassle, I was under the impression that you had to do a theory, I'm sure I've seen or heard it before but looking at the link it does indeed seem to be correct.

Has the law been changed recently or have migrants in WA holding a UK driving licence always been exempt from a theory test. Anyone?
Yes. The law was changed not that long ago.
Before that, all States used to need you to take a Theory test. And going back a bit further, some actually needed you to take a Driving Test, and going back even further, they just swapped the licence over "Round and round in circles we go"

Old Jan 24th 2006, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

Before that, all States used to need you to take a Theory test. And going back a bit further, some actually needed you to take a Driving Test, and going back even further, they just swapped the licence over "Round and round in circles we go"
Thanks ABC you're a 'Diamond'

Jude xx
Old Jan 24th 2006, 3:11 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

wish there wasent a theory for queensland just failed mine again hopefuly i will be 3rd time lucky
Old Jan 24th 2006, 3:52 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
wish there wasent a theory for queensland just failed mine again hopefuly i will be 3rd time lucky

Yeah - you never really needed a licence for the Spanish City Dodgems did you
Old Jan 24th 2006, 4:50 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Yeah - you never really needed a licence for the Spanish City Dodgems did you
haha cheeky sod and there gonna let me drive too without me ever having had a practical test :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.