View Poll Results: What are you doing with your "free" cash?
Spending
24.62%
Saving
44.62%
Paying off debts
26.15%
Dont know...
4.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

"Free" money

Old Mar 11th 2009, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Free" money

Originally Posted by fraser
End of May.
Great time to go, nice long days, and you dont have to torture yourself at the football.... well that was my excuse for going after the season ended.

My very first meal out is Brick lane every time now.

Back to thread...

Dunno

It would be nice to have a positive credit balance in these cheap rate times. Then I could really splash out.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:23 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

As well as the $900 today I also get my annual bonus on the 20th and a pay rise on the same date. Some will go on paying off that part of Sam's operation that was outside Medibank, some will go on a new dive camera (gotta spend some of it on myself), some on a laptop and some will be saved, probably towards the kitchen fund.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:34 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ABCDiamond;7366330]
Today is the first day of payments, and they will continue for two weeks on the normal FTB pay dates.
QUOTE]

I checked Centrelink website few days ago to see if it worked like in Dec, as our payment date was Monday and therefore would not get it for 2 weeks. Their website said payments are made between 11th and 20th, and sure enough, ours arrived today. Oh, and will be spending it.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=teza;7367151]
Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Today is the first day of payments, and they will continue for two weeks on the normal FTB pay dates.
QUOTE]

I checked Centrelink website few days ago to see if it worked like in Dec, as our payment date was Monday and therefore would not get it for 2 weeks. Their website said payments are made between 11th and 20th, and sure enough, ours arrived today. Oh, and will be spending it.

Dammit I dont even know if Centrelink have our latest bank account to drop the money into.

They are one mob I stay well clear of.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
As well as the $900 today I also get my annual bonus on the 20th and a pay rise on the same date. Some will go on paying off that part of Sam's operation that was outside Medibank, some will go on a new dive camera (gotta spend some of it on myself), some on a laptop and some will be saved, probably towards the kitchen fund.
Blimey I thought I was treating myself by using some of it to have my hair cut and straightened and maybe a few highlights.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:09 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Blimey I thought I was treating myself by using some of it to have my hair cut and straightened and maybe a few highlights.
My haircut costs the price of two pints!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:46 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it safe as we are all going to have to pay it back in interest and tax in a few years !
Originally Posted by bridie
What's everyone else doing with theirs?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:22 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Converting mine into US dollars and hiding under the bed in preparation for the coming economic apocalypse.
You reckon the USD is going to remain unscathed? Mate, get some silver bars/coins and bury them in your yard (just don't let anyone see you doing it).

Silver is the best investment anyone can make at the moment.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:55 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

If my wife and me both earn below the thresh hold, do you know if we will both get the $800? Or is it based on our combined incomes, which would put us over the thresh hold, thus meaning we would not get anything?

Cheers.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Great time to go, nice long days, and you dont have to torture yourself at the football.... well that was my excuse for going after the season ended.

My very first meal out is Brick lane every time now.

Back to thread...

Dunno

It would be nice to have a positive credit balance in these cheap rate times. Then I could really splash out.

Yum Curry or Beigel shop (or both???)
Old Mar 12th 2009, 1:11 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eastend Girl
Yum Curry or Beigel shop (or both???)
Curry, bagel, pie and mash, jellied eels and that's just my first day
Old Mar 12th 2009, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

I won't be getting any either but I should.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 1:19 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Baz
If my wife and me both earn below the thresh hold, do you know if we will both get the $800? Or is it based on our combined incomes, which would put us over the thresh hold, thus meaning we would not get anything?

Cheers.
The one that is being paid at the moment, from Centrelink, is the one for those with Kids.

The payments from the Tax office will come in April, and are based on your individual incomes.

If you individually earned under the threshold, AND paid some net tax, then you will each get a payment, but not till April.

So, some people are getting $900 + $950 per child, this week,
and in April they may get another $900 each for Husband and wife.

Therefore a couple with 3 kids could feasibly get:
$3,750 this week, and another $1,800 in April. (depending on exact income levels)

I got mine today, and thought that can go towards the cost of a Solar Hot water system, but then realised there is another grant that I can get that will cover all but $200 of that cost, so I still don't know what to do with it.

I am beginning to like Mr Rudd

Old Mar 12th 2009, 1:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

If we get the one this week it will be the deposit on our pool. We have decided to be owner/builders, so the next one will go toward the hold digging and if there is any left over maybe buy some of the materials.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 1:37 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
If you individually earned under the threshold, AND paid some net tax, then you will each get a payment, but not till April.
Do you happen to know what year they are basing their income on? DH only commenced employment at the end of July 08 earning about $70k pa. Are they calculating for the current tax year or the previous one - do you think he will be entitled to anything?

We should get our family assistance payment next Thursday with our regular payment. We plan to put it away for a bit while we sort out building a house. What with the $5k baby bonus and the $21k first time buyers payment, we will be doing very well out of the government this year - can't complain really.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.