Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Free ISP's please

Free ISP's please

Old Sep 17th 2003, 2:47 pm
WBB

Originally posted by brian.w
For anti idle prgramming, just set your email programme to check for mail every 5 or 10 minutes - it works for me.

How do you do that?

im with aol in the uk now but was thinking if its right for me the prepaid isp so how would i be able to do this with that im not great on computer or this sort of thing unless i am shown how its done.
in outlook express you click tools>options then the general tab and it is right there.

Old Sep 17th 2003, 4:28 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by wizzywozza
You just have to ensure your ISP uses a local number for the local calls. Some use phone numbers that are in the STD zone and ARE at a cost per minute. I pay somthing like 15 cents for a local call through AAPT, but I have full service with them and a high user discount.

You also have to watch the 20 minute time out thing most ISP's use - you can get logged off if you don't use an anti idle programme while on the net, then get whacked for another local call to reconnect.
Hi stranger, how are you? Do you know the rates for AOL in Adelaide? Currently paying £15.99/ month for unlimited access.

Steve.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Steve,
try this
Debs
http://www.aol.com.au/site/website/a...priceplans.php
Old Sep 18th 2003, 3:07 am
HKH
Just Joined

HKH is an unknown quantity at this point

The prepaid system in Australia is a voucher card which bought from normal retail shops - it works in a similar way to a phone card - if you like the service, once it has been used up you go into a shop and buy another card - if you don't like the service, you make other arrangements.