Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Free hire of a car

Free hire of a car

Old Apr 4th 2005, 4:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Free hire of a car

I've just bought a car, little Getz (lovingly called the 'The Little Git'). Rang around for the best quote, $15.7k OTR for 1.5GL manual and said I wanted a loan car until new car delivered in two weeks. No problem - had two dealers happy to play ball.
Note, not all dealers in Melbourne were happy to give a quote over the phone as they want to get you into the lion's den. I rang 5 and had 3 phone quotes with two being serious.
Ian
Old Apr 4th 2005, 5:03 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Free hire of a car

Originally Posted by ebo1608
I've just bought a car, little Getz (lovingly called the 'The Little Git'). Rang around for the best quote, $15.7k OTR for 1.5GL manual and said I wanted a loan car until new car delivered in two weeks. No problem - had two dealers happy to play ball.
Note, not all dealers in Melbourne were happy to give a quote over the phone as they want to get you into the lion's den. I rang 5 and had 3 phone quotes with two being serious.
Ian
Nice. My last car was a Hyundai Accent. I had no problems with it. Just got an Elantra Auto for 21,000 on the road with Tints chucked in. The Toyota dealership didn't want to give a serious quote and the Mitsubishi Dealerships were totally useless. I think they thought I would be more likely to pay more if they wasted my time and constantly showed off they sales numbers.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 5:42 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Free hire of a car

I went to a Toyota Dealers for a quote on a Camry, and when I checked the written quote, I found it was the Rec Retail price + all the extras. !! They didn't give me 1cent discount !!

Daihatsu cars should be getting cheaper -
31 March 2005
Daihatsu to wind down operations in Australian car market.
The decision takes effect from Friday 31 March 2006.