Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Foxtel disconnect - a word of warning

Foxtel disconnect - a word of warning

Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

big_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud of
Default Foxtel disconnect - a word of warning

Hi all,
Just a quick warning. I have had foxtel for over 2 years and as we are moving (to a place with no connection in the street) have requested a disconnection.
They will not take your call at the time and say they will call you back in 48 hours ("the consultant is very busy on the phone for the next 48 hours"). When they don't call in 48 hours this process has to be repeated. When you eventually get hold of them (if ever) you have to book a time when the diconnect can take place physically which can be weeks.
Several guys at work have also gone through this pain.
Keep this in mind when getting foxtel!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:15 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of
Default Re: Foxtel disconnect - a word of warning

Originally Posted by big_matt
Hi all,
Just a quick warning. I have had foxtel for over 2 years and as we are moving (to a place with no connection in the street) have requested a disconnection.
They will not take your call at the time and say they will call you back in 48 hours ("the consultant is very busy on the phone for the next 48 hours"). When they don't call in 48 hours this process has to be repeated. When you eventually get hold of them (if ever) you have to book a time when the diconnect can take place physically which can be weeks.
Several guys at work have also gone through this pain.
Keep this in mind when getting foxtel!
Can you not write to them (i.e., putting it firmly on the record) in advance and state that you're requesting a disconnect in advance of such-and-such a date? Then it's up to them to fail to respond... but you will have given them ample notice.

Cheers
b
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

big_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud of

Thats what I'm gonna try next mate. A guy at work ended up sending the letter then getting his credit company to cut off the direct debit.
Funny how then can connect you remotely but need a physical appointment to disconnect you!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

The trick is I think with big companies is call the sales number or select sales on the menu and you will strangely get straight through ! the disconnect departments never seem to pickup or put you on hold for a long time, odd isnt it that sales always answers Then just complain to sales guy and explain situation or speak to his manager
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:38 am
Account Closed

savanna454 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by big_matt
Thats what I'm gonna try next mate. A guy at work ended up sending the letter then getting his credit company to cut off the direct debit.
Funny how then can connect you remotely but need a physical appointment to disconnect you!
Just like trying to disconnect Sky in the UK!

I guess they're feeling some real pain in $$$$$$$ terms with the economic slowdown and using delay tactics

http://business.theage.com.au/busine...1129-6nee.html

Sorry about the link as it has been aired on another post but by implication it must reflect whats happening to Foxtel