Four Corners

Old Sep 10th 2005, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation Four Corners

Hiya you all,
Four Corners, have you used them, or heard of them? (My wife and I are about to use this company, for a 'sub class 136' visa. I passed on the points system with flying colours.) I would love to hear any feed back on this company, good or bad, before we commit ourselves. They say we could be in Oz. in 12 to 15 months from start date, very possibly within 12 months!!!!!!! ( I am an Air Conditioning Engineer)
We are planning on a visit to Melbourne next year. Any hints on best time of year to go, best flights (cost wise), and any other useful info. would be great. Thanks for reading this.

Dave and Kath
Old Sep 10th 2005, 11:45 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Four Corners

Originally Posted by daveandkathh
Hiya you all,
Four Corners, have you used them, or heard of them? (My wife and I are about to use this company, for a 'sub class 136' visa. I passed on the points system with flying colours.) I would love to hear any feed back on this company, good or bad, before we commit ourselves. They say we could be in Oz. in 12 to 15 months from start date, very possibly within 12 months!!!!!!! ( I am an Air Conditioning Engineer)
We are planning on a visit to Melbourne next year. Any hints on best time of year to go, best flights (cost wise), and any other useful info. would be great. Thanks for reading this.

Dave and Kath
do a search on the company, as there was a thread on the very same thing a few weeks ago - some of the answers might enlighten you

i have now pm'd you

Last edited by Sleeping Beauty; Sep 10th 2005 at 12:09 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Hiya you all,

Dave and Kath
Hi Dave & Kath,

We asked for a packed from four corners and they sent it through. We wanted to know what fees would be charged and overall costs - not that unreasonable and the only answer we could get after pressing them was that it depends what they have to do for us.

Went with Gomatilda in the end as they gave us a ball park figure and deal with the application from Oz.

Flash.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that, will take it on board.
All the best

Dave and Kath
Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
Hi Dave & Kath,

We asked for a packed from four corners and they sent it through. We wanted to know what fees would be charged and overall costs - not that unreasonable and the only answer we could get after pressing them was that it depends what they have to do for us.

Went with Gomatilda in the end as they gave us a ball park figure and deal with the application from Oz.

Flash.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:43 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

there head office is 5 minutes walk from us and we went for a meeting with them when we first started the process.they looked very professional and the guy we had a meet with was very straight forward and very helpful but they wanted there fee's up front and I'm pretty sure that there commission was about £3500 plus all other fee's on top of that and it came to about £6500-£7000 which is why we did it on our own in the end............if money was no object then we would of proprobably used them,if it's going to be a straight forward application like ours was then do it yourself and save a fortune.
good luck jonni
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thats it, I think my mind has been made up, think I will go it alone, I'm not thick, I will give it a go. Thanks to all that replied.
All the best
Dave and Kath
Originally Posted by jonni boy
there head office is 5 minutes walk from us and we went for a meeting with them when we first started the process.they looked very professional and the guy we had a meet with was very straight forward and very helpful but they wanted there fee's up front and I'm pretty sure that there commission was about £3500 plus all other fee's on top of that and it came to about £6500-£7000 which is why we did it on our own in the end............if money was no object then we would of proprobably used them,if it's going to be a straight forward application like ours was then do it yourself and save a fortune.
good luck jonni
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:54 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats it, I think my mind has been made up, think I will go it alone, I'm not thick, I will give it a go. Thanks to all that replied.
All the best
Dave and Kath
Good for you....lets us know how you get on
Old Sep 10th 2005, 1:02 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

All the best
Dave and Kath
Go for it. We went to a 4 corners seminar & it was quite good, very informative. It got the ball rolling for us really. We filled in their questionaire & they contacted us a few weeks later to tell us that they thought we would get PR. The only problem was their consultant wanted us to meet him out at Heathrow, which is a major pain to get to. He had a 'doing us a favour' attitude & would not tell us the cost. I told him 'no thanks' & we ended up using Mark Webster in Sydney who was superb. I would avoid 4 corners.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 1:39 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

we downloaded all the forms from a website called www.liveinaustralia.com just print 3 of every form, and make sure there's plenty of paper in your printer and that you don't need your computer for a few hours as it can take quite a while.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 1:42 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonni boy
we downloaded all the forms from a website called www.liveinaustralia.com just print 3 of every form, and make sure there's plenty of paper in your printer and that you don't need your computer for a few hours as it can take quite a while.
Just saved that address for myself......just in case we go it alone, did you find it ok? How much money did you end up saving?
Old Sep 10th 2005, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough

Hiya you all,

Dave and Kath
We used them as they were local, and at the time I was working just around the corner in Cheadle! We found them to be really good . Once they get onto the important stuff they were very good. As for price, they weren't cheap, but I also have no other quotes to compare them with.

As with many companies like this, you occassionally need to chase them up, but I always got a prompt response from them.

At the end of the day, I suppose the most important thing is the outcome. We have visas and are heading out to Brisbane early next year so I am quite happy with what they did for us
Old Sep 10th 2005, 2:01 pm
sunny coast

Originally Posted by DIMO8
Just saved that address for myself......just in case we go it alone, did you find it ok? How much money did you end up saving?
for everything by the time we had finished it was just under £2000 which isn't bad seeing that the medicals cost about £600 for chris me and our 3 girls. we've had our visa's for about 18 months now so prices might have changed a little but you still save a fortune doing it yourself.........oh and i found it a doddle wife did all the work and i just signed everything at the bottom we got in with my trade but i'm the first to admit that chris is the brains......i don't do forms
Old Sep 10th 2005, 5:27 pm

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya you all,

Dave and Kath
Hi Dave & Kath

We used Corrine at Four Corners. Hubby is a sparky by trade but we are going under the supervisor of sparkies catergory and have had to pay a bond. All in all it has taken 14 months from start to finish. Visas were granted beginning of July this year. No problems at all with Four Corners. Very friendly and very helpful (expensive - but hopefully it will be worth it!). I suppose we could have done it ourselves but the TRA looked quite daunting and we weren't on this forum at the beginning so didn't have any help apart from agents. Good luck with your application. We hope to be off to QLD when house sells.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

All the best
Dave and Kath
Not thick or a formophobe, I just didn't want to make a costly mistake and have little time to devote to the process + speedier if you're being helped 1 on 1 by someone who knows what they're doing.

Flash.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I found them very, very expensive. We've gone with Go Matilda instead.