Wikiposts

Found Marmite.

Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:02 am
Put big light on!

Sausage is an unknown quantity at this point

Vegemite is acceptable, but inferior to Marmite.

I find Vegemite to be a bit "waxy" in consistency.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Lucly you Chippy! No sign of the real McCoy around here.

Now who will be the first to find Hellman's Mayo
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:25 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Sausage
Vegemite is acceptable, but inferior to Marmite.

I find Vegemite to be a bit "waxy" in consistency.
True, and they put malt extract in it! (Perhaps those two facts are related.)

Then there are the other Oz brands (such as the red top Marmite mentioned earlier) that have sugar in them.

I have actually found one free of either of those additives, but I can't remember its name and it was incredibly expensive. It was in a supermarket buried in an indoor shopping centre (what a Yank would definitely call a "mall", like Bluewater if that helps) somewhere in eastern or south-eastern suburban Melbourne (yeah that really pins it down eh!)
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj

Wot no Hellman`s !! Oh no i may lose weight after all

Not bothered about the marmite as i am one of the hate brigade..

footie xx
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:37 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by footie chick
Not bothered about the marmite as i am one of the hate brigade..
No probs, leaves more for the rest of us!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:39 am
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point

sick, sick people

its true what they say on the advert, you either loath it :scared: or love it don't you?

Marko
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Found Marmite.

Originally posted by chippy
After looking in all the sodding supermarkets I find the stuff in the shop down the road (DOH!). Still no 'proper' mint sauce tho .

I'm with Bundy on this one. Vegemite is far superior to Marmite. My 9 year old won't touch marmite but loves vegemite. On of the reasons she can't wait to get to aus
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:58 am
rudo1ph

I have weaned my five year old onto vegimite so that I get to keep the marmite all for myself the rest of the family hate it though!!!

Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

So, chippy's sorted the Marmite problem, for us would-be Brisbanites, cheers chips; now, is there any hope that we will find Walker's Cheese & Onion Crisps in the local plaza??? I am supposed to be weaning myself off them but I'm finding it hard......

sandy
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

weh-hey, 300th post!!!!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:40 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Found Marmite.

We have the British Shop here in Robina, Gold Coast. They sell weetabix, wotsits, quavers, walkers, bisto, and Colmans mint jelly. I don`t know if you have a simular shop in Brisbane, but there phone number is 07 5578 8186. They might be able to send you some, if you are that desparate for it, regards Louisa They sell jaffa cakes and REAL cadbury`s choc too. How sad are we hey!!!!!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:48 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj

I get Hellman's Mayo as standard in my local Woolies, bit more expensive than the rest of the yucky stuff sold here. Obviously there are many products I prefer Aus to UK and vice versa but we get Bisto gravy granules brought over and UK Marmite for the children. Try Bi Lo for the mint sauce - colemans I think, in the larger ones they sometimes have a UK section (Mrs BlueRobot introduced me to this section) and I am a very happy chappy with my weetabix . My weetbix bits of carpet did not look right in my weetabix bowl.

Cheers
Old Jun 16th 2004, 12:28 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sandra
I get Hellman's Mayo as standard in my local Woolies, bit more expensive than the rest of the yucky stuff sold here. Obviously there are many products I prefer Aus to UK and vice versa but we get Bisto gravy granules brought over and UK Marmite for the children. Try Bi Lo for the mint sauce - colemans I think, in the larger ones they sometimes have a UK section (Mrs BlueRobot introduced me to this section) and I am a very happy chappy with my weetabix . My weetbix bits of carpet did not look right in my weetabix bowl.

Cheers
Hellman's is very rare where we are, they occasionaly get it at the local supermarket but its gone in hours, Poms bulk buy it as soon as it hits the shelves.

The "real egg" mayo is close though, not like the salad creams masquerading as mayo which all the rest are.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:02 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth
Hellman's is very rare where we are, they occasionaly get it at the local supermarket but its gone in hours, Poms bulk buy it as soon as it hits the shelves.

The "real egg" mayo is close though, not like the salad creams masquerading as mayo which all the rest are.
My sympathy - I tried the other stuff in my egg and onion sandwiches and couldn't eat them, know what you mean about the masquerading salad cream!

Will the shop not let you have some on lay by?????

Cheers
Old Jun 16th 2004, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

I have 3 or 4 large jars of Hellmans Mayonaise that I bought when I was low-carbing.

As I'm no longer on this way of eating, it is surplus to requirments, so if anyone living in Melbourne would like it, it's all yours.

Just a note though: I bought it in the Not Quite Right Shop so I'm not sure if it's still in date or not, but it is still sealed!!

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.