Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Forum has changed.

Wikiposts

Forum has changed.

Old Aug 18th 2003, 8:22 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this is very very very good advice from Wilf.....

You should always have a Plan B, and Plan C, and Plan D.

You might tire of the beach lifestyle, you might not - but you'll never really know until those milestones roll around.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wilf

I think people should treat emigration in stages:
1. Leave UK and come here for 6 months, with full plans should they be needed to go back.
2. If still happy, make new plan (whilst here) to stay for 2 more years only, again with the plan to go back after that.
3. If still like it, plan to stay for 3 more years with return plan in place.
4. Plan to stay for good, log on here and start moaning about being trapped.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Forum has changed.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dotty
Anyone else noticed how the forum has changed over the last year (sad eh I've followed it for a year, still at least I dont do soaps).

Well Dotty I haven`t read those posts you talk about, I too have followed this forum for a year, I do however, as you know, have a friend who has lived in Oz for 23 years and has grown up children also HAPPY out there! You`re right that it may not suit everybody but don`t assume it`ll be most of us! I feel that you are very homesick by reading some of your posts, I have asked this question before though you didn`t answer it, do your husband and kids want to return to the UK? I also think your memories of the UK are clouding the reality of what it`s like here, I hope you`re not going to up root your family for your own selfish reasons for returning and are thinking of this as a possitive for all concerned. Your life, hope you`ll be happy with your choices.

Old Aug 18th 2003, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
I cant believe how often the beach is mentioned here in reasons for moving. Sure its pretty enough, but not much of a factor in most peoples lives on a day to day basis. Unless your going to become an active Surf Lifesaver or Surfer its not really going to fill up a lot of your time. Frankly when the kids were small I found it a right hassle, all that stuff to lug to the beach, sand everywhere, get home and unpack and clean it all up. Just seemed like a lot of hard work, plus the kids called it boring after half a dozen visits.

Gee Dotty - I wonder where your kids got their enthusiam and positive outlook on life?????

What a lazy mother finding it a hassle to pack a few things up and go to the beach to spend quality time with your kids. Why not buy them computer games to sit in front of all day - that'd be easier for you now wouldn't it????