British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Forum Empty Now (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/forum-empty-now-326712/)

Ian12 Sep 19th 2005 8:48 am

Forum Empty Now

Is it just me and perhaps Professional Princess that seems to think the forum has gone very quiet in recent months? I am wondering if migration from the UK is slowing down resulting in fewer members here. I imagine that a many of the regulars use the forum in the early days following migration or before it, then as they become more settled in their new country find little for them in the forum. Just a thought. I wonder if anyone else has any ideas?

debbiemc Sep 19th 2005 9:06 am

Re: Forum Empty Now

Originally Posted by Ian12
Is it just me and perhaps Professional Princess that seems to think the forum has gone very quiet in recent months? I am wondering if migration from the UK is slowing down resulting in fewer members here. I imagine that a many of the regulars use the forum in the early days following migration or before it, then as they become more settled in their new country find little for them in the forum. Just a thought. I wonder if anyone else has any ideas?

hi ian, yes has gone quiet, lots of people gone accross the pond to start their new lives! lets put it this way, people go to start new lives and the outdoor lifestyle, so i suppose spending hours on a computer dosent fit in with that!

although i shall keep in touch, it certtainly wont be as regularly as i do now!

debbie

Steve G Sep 19th 2005 9:09 am

Well I'm doing my best!! :eek:

Problem is that work and sleep keep getting in the way!! :rolleyes: :D

anya4oz Sep 19th 2005 9:28 am

Hi Ian

I'm still here! :)

I think a lot of us got bored with the internecine wars that were going on :rolleyes: and gave it a bit of a miss for a while.

Hope all's well with you & yours.

Cheers,
Anya.

HUP Sep 19th 2005 9:30 am

Originally Posted by anya4oz
bored with the internecine wars

I might have got bored with them to if I knew what they were :D

Bix Sep 19th 2005 10:24 am

Originally Posted by HUP
I might have got bored with them to if I knew what they were :D

I usually have a bottle of wine on board before uttering such splendid words...........but I make them up :D

moneypenny20 Sep 19th 2005 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Bix
I usually have a bottle of wine on board before uttering such splendid words...........but I make them up :D

Well she does say she is an extreme geek :D

Don't worry Ian, it will pick up again, it tends to go in cycles. Give it another few months and it will seem very different again.

mr mover Sep 19th 2005 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Bix

Wev,e noticed :rolleyes: .......... :beer: mm

possoms Sep 19th 2005 10:44 am

I'm still here trouble is I got nothing new to say :)

Rooksie Sep 19th 2005 10:48 am

im still here too but im stressing about selling house :( :(

possoms Sep 19th 2005 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Rooksie
im still here too but im stressing about selling house :( :(

Dont go there mate :(

Rooksie Sep 19th 2005 10:54 am

Originally Posted by possoms

i take it no movement on your sale either then :(

charlie brown Sep 19th 2005 10:58 am

Originally Posted by possoms

people a bit scary on here at the moment, so I'll stick to reading the threads at the moment, having said that it is better than east enders some times, o and don't forget to use spell check because they mark you out of 10 .

possoms Sep 19th 2005 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Rooksie
i take it no movement on your sale either then :(

Nope Cols cousin supposed to be getting back to us this week, if hes had the ok from planning dept :)

possoms Sep 19th 2005 11:01 am

Originally Posted by charlie brown
people a bit scary on here at the moment, so I'll stick to reading the threads at the moment, having said that it is better than east enders some times, o and don't forget to use spell check because they mark you out of 10 .

Dont be scared mate ... oh and 9/10 :D