Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In forming the Inland Rev of move?????

In forming the Inland Rev of move?????

Old Sep 4th 2006, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

sydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nice
Default In forming the Inland Rev of move?????

We are moving to Brisbane in 1 week time and i am hoping that i haven't forgotten to do anything.
My question is about informing the Inland Revenue of our departure. I know we can fill in form 85 and claim back tax for this financial year but are there any other forms we need to fill in for them or anything i have missed.

Thanks
Sydney06
Old Sep 4th 2006, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of
Default Re: In forming the Inland Rev of move?????

Originally Posted by sydney06
We are moving to Brisbane in 1 week time and i am hoping that i haven't forgotten to do anything.
My question is about informing the Inland Revenue of our departure. I know we can fill in form 85 and claim back tax for this financial year but are there any other forms we need to fill in for them or anything i have missed.

Thanks
Sydney06

*bump*!
Old Sep 4th 2006, 7:59 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Sydney06
I went to my local inland revenue office, and told them we would be leaving the country altogether, and I asked what I would need to do.

She gave me form P85, and said that's alll we would need.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I went to my local inland revenue office, and told them we would be leaving the country altogether, and I asked what I would need to do.

She gave me form P85, and said that's alll we would need.
Yeah, I just filled in form 85 too. They wrote back to me and said that everything was sorted.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Sydney06
if you're keeping any interest-bearing a/cs open in the UK you should fill in an R85 (i think!) to get interest paid gross.
these are available from whichever bank / BS you have the a/c with.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 1:25 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

It is form R105 - see here:
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/tdsi/forms_to...n_interest.htm

Best regards.

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
if you're keeping any interest-bearing a/cs open in the UK you should fill in an R85 (i think!) to get interest paid gross.
these are available from whichever bank / BS you have the a/c with.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 1:27 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

If you are renting out a UK property as a non-resident, you should complete form NRL1 so the rental income can be paid to you on a gross basis:
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/nonresidents/fagnrl1_bw.shtml

Best regards.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
It is form R105 - see here:
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/tdsi/forms_to...n_interest.htm

Best regards.
hi Alan
i found that my bank wouldn't accept that one and insisted on the R85, don't know why though.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 1:37 am
Migration Agent

That is strange ... if the bank is happy to accept form R85 though then form R85 it is!

Best regards.

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
hi Alan
i found that my bank wouldn't accept that one and insisted on the R85, don't know why though.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 3:32 am
toplad

Thanks
Sydney06

dont forget that national insurance also need to be informed seperatly

Old Sep 5th 2006, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by toplad
dont forget that national insurance also need to be informed seperatly
not according to the inland revenue office i took my p85 to.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzimc
Yeah, I just filled in form 85 too. They wrote back to me and said that everything was sorted.

Thats what I did, got a nice rebate and then 5 months later they wrote to me telling me that I owe them £12000

I ever so politely wrote back to them and said that if they want to discuss this with me let me know what time they will come round and I will make sure that I am in so that I can discuss it with them.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 10:47 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jond
Thats what I did, got a nice rebate and then 5 months later they wrote to me telling me that I owe them £12000

I ever so politely wrote back to them and said that if they want to discuss this with me let me know what time they will come round and I will make sure that I am in so that I can discuss it with them.
Had they made a mistake?
Old Sep 5th 2006, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Had they made a mistake?

Ijust did a runner :scared:
Old Sep 5th 2006, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Had they made a mistake?

They reckon that I never filled in my 2002 self assessment, I told them I had and to check their records and ask my old accountant. They have since sent me another self assessment form to fill out, but as I told them I have destroyed all my records as I have left the country for good and did not realise I would need them again.

I am now awaiting a response.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.