Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Forex election ??

The Forex election ??

Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:43 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Question The Forex election ??

Like many of us, I will keep the odd account in the UK to service my UK credit card purchases in Oz and elsewhere.

I intend to make a Forex Election as discussed in the forum to get out of the tax implications of varying exchange rates during a year.

However, the ATO site has all the information on the Forex Election under "Large Corporations and Multinationals".

Don't think I qualify!

Is this just an oversight on the ATO's part? Does it still encompass individuals? (The example shows one "Joe Taxpayer", which implies an individual!

Last edited by Rog Williams; Sep 5th 2004 at 12:52 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Sep 6th 2004, 1:16 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Forex election ??

Yes, these provisions affect individuals as well as corporates Roger.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
Like many of us, I will keep the odd account in the UK to service my UK credit card purchases in Oz and elsewhere.

I intend to make a Forex Election as discussed in the forum to get out of the tax implications of varying exchange rates during a year.

However, the ATO site has all the information on the Forex Election under "Large Corporations and Multinationals".

Don't think I qualify!

Is this just an oversight on the ATO's part? Does it still encompass individuals? (The example shows one "Joe Taxpayer", which implies an individual!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 6:47 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Alan. My bit of paper is stashed away!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 7:49 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Forex election ??

I won't even begin to tell you what i thought that said!!!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 8:29 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hevs
Re: The Forex election ??

I won't even begin to tell you what i thought that said!!!
You have velly dirlty mirnd!