Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Forest Lake Opinions

Forest Lake Opinions

Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:40 pm
Mauled by the Tigers

Willerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura about
Question Forest Lake Opinions

Hi, we are coming out to Brisbane in a few weeks to have a look around before we come out permanently in July. We are initially looking at Forest Lake to settle in, but that could change when we look around (also going to take a look at Springfield Lakes). We have 2 sons one 14 the other 9. What are the schools like they would attend. I think we were intending having a look at the schools when we come on the reccy(holiday). I know the eldest will go to the Forest Lake HSS, and the youngest will go to either Forest Lake SS or the Grand Avenue SS, does anybody have any opinions of them. Or any opinions of life in Forest Lake itself.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:48 pm

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Forest Lake Opinions

Myself and hubby will watch this post with great interest, because funnily enough those are the 2 area in which we have decided to look at living in ourselves.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:24 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

We are in springfield lakes and i can recomend it
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

wheresnick is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been to both and think they both have their pluses. Just be aware that Forest Lake has the highest level of burglaries in Brisbane (due to its proximilty to Inala which is not a great area)
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:30 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

We have been in Springfield Lakes since we arrived (October 2006) and we love everything about it. We haven't got kids over here (grown up and still in the UK) but there is everything here for them and it is a safe and beautiful environment.
We visit Forest Lake on occassions and that is also a nice place but some parts look as if they need a bit of TLC now and I had heard that the burglary rate is worrying.

Loz x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:30 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Not my cup of tea, very little room to move as the houses normally cover the entire block of land so no garden.

This also causes problems becuase the houses are so close together and very poorly insulated, there have been posts on here about people who can hear next door fart !
I also think these areas are a really bad investment, but thats just my view !
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:20 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Forest lake is known locally as "Inala waters"...it's where the Inalaians(?) do their late night shopping...
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:14 am
Just Joined

steved01 is on a distinguished road

Well we've (me, my wife and kids aged 7 and 5) have been living in Forest Lake for nearly 6 months and haven't come across any trouble at all - in fact the longer we've stayed here the more it's grown on us.

Here are the top 10 burglary hotspots in Brisabne according to this report...http://www.suncorp.com.au/suncorp/news/2007/apr_03.html

The table below shows the areas from which Suncorp has received the highest frequency of theft-related claims, 2006.

1. Loganlea
2. Underwood
3. Murarrie
4. Burbank
5. Woodridge
6. Beenleigh
7. Annerley
8. Wakerley
9. Calamvale
10. Woolloongabba

My best mate has lived here for 5 years and hasn't even once thought about moving. Don't let scurrolous (sp) headlines put you off.

The only down side is no beach, but nowhere in Brisbane Bay has a proper beach it's just like living next to a large lake!! I want to live in Coolongatta but the distance to work in Brisbane CBD is a killer.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:18 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

We lived in Forest Lake for 2 years when we first arrived in Oz. We have a great place on a decent sized block (lakeside) that we were very happy with. I would say the original parts of Forest Lake which are close to the lake (jetty walk, creekwood and lakeside etc) have the bigger blocks (plenty of pools etc around us) and houses and would be where I would concentrate looking. Forest Lake itself has all the amenities you will need and Indro is a short drive away if you must visit a big shopping centre. The average commute into the city in rush hour was 45 minutes but any accident would double that time.

No kids for us at the moment so I cant comment on the schools although we have friends whose kids do attend the schools and they dont have anything bad to say.

Cant comment on Springfield Lakes (not lived there) although I believe they are both built by Delfin? so I would assume in a few years it will be what Forest Lake is now.

Here is a link to the QLD police stats although I cannot see any break down by suburb they will give a general insight into crime (I think it will come under the Oxley district). I'm sure the previous posters will drop a link in to back up their claims.

http://www.police.qld.gov.au/service...07/default.htm

We only moved as the commute got the better of us and we could move to a place that allowed us both to walk to work. I would happily move back to the place if we started a family and living in a unit in the Valley was not appropriate.

Last edited by TrickyTree; Mar 11th 2008 at 12:21 am.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:46 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steved01
Well we've (me, my wife and kids aged 7 and 5) have been living in Forest Lake for nearly 6 months and haven't come across any trouble at all - in fact the longer we've stayed here the more it's grown on us.

Here are the top 10 burglary hotspots in Brisabne according to this report...http://www.suncorp.com.au/suncorp/news/2007/apr_03.html
The Forest Lake stats came from AAMI i think:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...5-3102,00.html

Forest Lake #2 in Qld, Springfield Lakes #48.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:05 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I had to LOL at this part of the report!!!!

The most common entry point for thieves was an external front or back door, according to claims data, and 40 per cent of Queenslanders admitted leaving those doors open.

How to stop 40% of QLD crime.......lock your doors!

Please put out a big sign saying rob me!

Originally Posted by bcworld
The Forest Lake stats came from AAMI i think:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...5-3102,00.html

Forest Lake #2 in Qld, Springfield Lakes #48.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

I'm close-ish to those suburbs ... i'd defnitely go Springfield Lakes.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Not my cup of tea, very little room to move as the houses normally cover the entire block of land so no garden.

This also causes problems becuase the houses are so close together and very poorly insulated, there have been posts on here about people who can hear next door fart !
I also think these areas are a really bad investment, but thats just my view !
Well that rules us out for the future what with her belly rumblings and all that !
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

buzz will become famous soon enoughbuzz will become famous soon enough

I'm in Springfield Lakes - it's a nice enough place, but traffic on the Centenary Highway can be pretty bad, and it isn't easy to get into the city on public transport either (impossible in the evening!).
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:56 pm
Mauled by the Tigers

Willerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura about

Will there be much for two boys to do, clubs wise in Springfield Lakes or Forest Lake. One is 14 and loves his sport (wants to be the next Harry Kewell), and the 9 yr old goes to cubs in the UK but is not into sports.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.