Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Forest Lake generally and distance to CBD (mater hospital)

Forest Lake generally and distance to CBD (mater hospital)

Old Nov 23rd 2006, 12:10 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Default Forest Lake generally and distance to CBD (mater hospital)

Hi there, looking for advice on Forest Lake, from what I've read on here is seems ideal, good schools for son and childcare for daughter and good facilities in general. What we need to know is the good and the bad points, the best schools, the best areas of forest lake. Unfortunatley we didnt visit this area on our reccie and really wich we had.

Hubby will hopefully get a job in one of the surrounding suburbs which is fine but i am looking to get a job at the Mater Mothers Hospital and have read it can take 40 minutes to get to the CBD, does anyone know how long it would take to get to the hospital as it is on the south side of the river, and is 40 minutes during rush hour (hopefully with shifts will miss the rush hour)? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Any info on the surrounding suburbs would be grand too!
Clairex
Old Nov 24th 2006, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forest Lake generally and distance to CBD (mater hospital)

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Hi there, looking for advice on Forest Lake, from what I've read on here is seems ideal, good schools for son and childcare for daughter and good facilities in general. What we need to know is the good and the bad points, the best schools, the best areas of forest lake. Unfortunatley we didnt visit this area on our reccie and really wich we had.

Hubby will hopefully get a job in one of the surrounding suburbs which is fine but i am looking to get a job at the Mater Mothers Hospital and have read it can take 40 minutes to get to the CBD, does anyone know how long it would take to get to the hospital as it is on the south side of the river, and is 40 minutes during rush hour (hopefully with shifts will miss the rush hour)? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Any info on the surrounding suburbs would be grand too!
Clairex
Hi Claire

as far as I'm aware forest lake is a good area, mater is on the south side so shouldn't take you too long at all, its really not a bad drive i live on tambourine mountain and drive close to the city it takes me around 45mins so I'm sure you'll drive it in around 30-35 traffic nearly always moves along

hope this helps your more than welcome to send PM if you need more info

hugs geex
Old Nov 24th 2006, 1:46 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Claire, sent you a PM but you are looking at 30 mins from Forest Lake to the Mater in the morning rush a little shorter (20 mins) when out of peak times.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 5:09 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

You might find it a bit high density.

You can use this to look at the area, it actually shows land boundy so you can get an idea of block size relative to other areas.

http://map.google.com
Old Nov 24th 2006, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by themerlin

You can use this to look at the area, it actually shows land boundy so you can get an idea of block size relative to other areas.

http://www.forestlakecollege.com.au/ http://www.ourbrisbane.com/living/su...est_lake/home/ try these we live near the lake in forest lake its perfect good walks and things pubs and restaurants are first class my wife works near the mater mothers its about 30 mins I hope so anyway she will be there in Feb for our new Ozzy sum pics
Attached Thumbnails Forest Lake generally and distance to CBD (mater hospital)-6-saint-tropez-place-065.jpg   Forest Lake generally and distance to CBD (mater hospital)-6-saint-tropez-place-062.jpg  
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:09 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Forest Lake generally and distance to CBD (mater hospital)

Originally Posted by themerlin

Wow, I know some houses are close together, but some of them look as if they are nearly touching :scared: but there looks like there is plenty variety just have to wait and see when we get there! Thanks for the map the satelite one is amazing.
Clairex
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:15 am
In my own little world!

Smile Re: Forest Lake generally and distance to CBD (mater hospital)

Originally Posted by wintersgills
http://www.forestlakecollege.com.au/ http://www.ourbrisbane.com/living/su...est_lake/home/ try these we live near the lake in forest lake its perfect good walks and things pubs and restaurants are first class my wife works near the mater mothers its about 30 mins I hope so anyway she will be there in Feb for our new Ozzy sum pics
Pictures are lovely, thanks for that, good to know there is a good pub , it really looks lovely and affordable, jusy now anyway
Clairex
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:07 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Houses seem to be getting larger and blocks smaller so as a result lots of new estates don't have much if any garden.

But they seem to build more parks to make up for it.

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Wow, I know some houses are close together, but some of them look as if they are nearly touching :scared: but there looks like there is plenty variety just have to wait and see when we get there! Thanks for the map the satelite one is amazing.
Clairex