Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Footy (English soccer) post

Footy (English soccer) post

Old Mar 12th 2003, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Footy (English soccer) post

In Oz is it possible to get TV coverage of the English Premiership. Would also be interested if Champions League games are shown (although for my team it unfortunately looks as though I'd be more interested in Uefa cup matches next season).

God knows why I didn't ask this whilst considering the pro's and cons of migration. Guess I'll just have to request my application is withdrawn if I can't catch any of the games.

Cheers
Old Mar 12th 2003, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Footy (English soccer) post

Originally posted by young_lad
In Oz is it possible to get TV coverage of the English Premiership. Would also be interested if Champions League games are shown (although for my team it unfortunately looks as though I'd be more interested in Uefa cup matches next season).

God knows why I didn't ask this whilst considering the pro's and cons of migration. Guess I'll just have to request my application is withdrawn if I can't catch any of the games.

Cheers
No problem - most games you can see on Sky here are shown on in extended highlight form at least on Australian terrestial TV (i.e free) - albeit Leeds matches seem to get prominence (I can't think why)!!!
Old Mar 12th 2003, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kevmitch
No problem ......
That's good. I don't think young_lass would have liked it too much if I said, due a small oversight, she's gotta go by herself.

I best make it clear to her that, happily, it seems footy on TV will not be a thing of the past once in Oz
Old Mar 12th 2003, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Jaffa30 is an unknown quantity at this point

fox sports (cable tv) in aus has good coverage of the EPL. champions league is shown as well....as for the UEFA cup.....from memory, i think you might be out of luck there.

state/free-to-air tv in aussie has very limited coverage...normally only highlights from the more important games. so definitely get hooked up to fox sports
Old Mar 14th 2003, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by young_lad

Cheers
Met up with several soccer mad Aussies whilst holidaying in the Whitsundays. They were all raving about the amount and quality of EPL since Fox took over. Don't know about Champions League...here I have to rely on ESPN!!!!!!:scared: