Footy

Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:12 pm
kez
Forum Regular

kez is on a distinguished road
Talking Footy

My family and i are hoping to move out in the future but when going through the pros and cons my hubby came up with 'Football'... He is a man u supporter and has managed to brain wash the kids too, so its a big topic in our house. is there any football coverage out there - local sunday football teams or anything similar?
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:20 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Footy

Originally Posted by kez
My family and i are hoping to move out in the future but when going through the pros and cons my hubby came up with 'Football'... He is a man u supporter and has managed to brain wash the kids too, so its a big topic in our house. is there any football coverage out there - local sunday football teams or anything similar?
http://www.kingsacademy.com.au/
Check this out
There is foxtell they show footy as do SBS i think?
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:36 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear!!!!

Hopefully a little time in Oz will cure your kids of the Man U affliction.....

Originally Posted by kez
Old Apr 26th 2005, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gsb
Oh dear!!!!

Hopefully a little time in Oz will cure your kids of the Man U affliction.....
I doubt it as there are more live premiership games on foxtel here then on sky back home and Man Utd games are nearly always covered in those
Old Apr 26th 2005, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

jerzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Your husband needn't worry, Aussies live thousands of miles from Manchester, most have never been to Manchester, who else would they support but Manchester Utd !

Originally Posted by kez
Old Apr 26th 2005, 2:15 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Yep thats right loads of Man Utd supporters in Oz its like walking around Wycombe the amount of shirts you see.

At least I have not seen 1 Derby shirt yet so they must have some idea of football over here.

TT

Originally Posted by jerzy
Your husband needn't worry, Aussies live thousands of miles from Manchester, most have never been to Manchester, who else would they support but Manchester Utd !
Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:42 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Footy

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Yep thats right loads of Man Utd supporters in Oz its like walking around Wycombe the amount of shirts you see.

At least I have not seen 1 Derby shirt yet so they must have some idea of football over here.

TT
For some reason there is also a load of Arsenal fans in Brisbane...must be the heat getting to them...

Fair weather supporters...(like most manure fans...)

Not like us Chelsea boys....bring it on...
Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:45 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sloake
For some reason there is also a load of Arsenal fans in Brisbane...must be the heat getting to them...

What not many Chelsea fans! Other half lives and breaths Chelsea. Before making any social arrangements for I have to check the website to avoid home games and any European away games!!!!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

lol is that us chelsea boys pre abramovich????? - congrats on buying the title
Old Apr 27th 2005, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

TheAncientGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

There was a time, you would hardly see a Chelsea shirt, just before we left the UK in January, we saw loads. Fair weather glory hunters the lot of 'em

Saw a bloody Chelski shirt in Perth the other day, still at least my United memorabilia has been unpacked, now we've moved out of the in-laws at long last. So I can take comfort from my Keano signed shirt, etc. etc.

To get back towards the original topic of this.... I might have missed where the original posted is headed, but we've had plenty of proper football to feed the habit in Perth.

Plenty of live coverage on TV, though you will need to get Foxtel (similar to Sky), but you will be able to watch games that are played at 3pm on a Saturday.

We've also been able to go to quite a few friendly matches between Perth Glory and local state league sides (going to one tonight as it happens). We've also joined the Glory Shed Supporters Club, which gives plenty of opportunity to meet up with fellow fans socially and at games.

We used to go to Old Trafford regularly, and I was really worried that I would miss the football, but so far so good....
Old Apr 27th 2005, 5:42 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Dont mention that badge kissing judas to any Forest fan he left a very sour taste in all our mouths and would still be a nothing if it was not for Brian Cloughs vision and ability to spot real talent.

Topped it all off by not writting a chapter in a book dedicated to Cloughy after his passing away. Complete and utter low life in my eyes and deserved the kicking he got in a Nottingham nightclub just after being sold to Man Utd.

TT

Originally Posted by TheAncientGeek
There was a time, you would hardly see a Chelsea shirt, just before we left the UK in January, we saw loads. Fair weather glory hunters the lot of 'em

Saw a bloody Chelski shirt in Perth the other day, still at least my United memorabilia has been unpacked, now we've moved out of the in-laws at long last. So I can take comfort from my Keano signed shirt, etc. etc.

To get back towards the original topic of this.... I might have missed where the original posted is headed, but we've had plenty of proper football to feed the habit in Perth.

Plenty of live coverage on TV, though you will need to get Foxtel (similar to Sky), but you will be able to watch games that are played at 3pm on a Saturday.

We've also been able to go to quite a few friendly matches between Perth Glory and local state league sides (going to one tonight as it happens). We've also joined the Glory Shed Supporters Club, which gives plenty of opportunity to meet up with fellow fans socially and at games.

We used to go to Old Trafford regularly, and I was really worried that I would miss the football, but so far so good....
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:18 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt that very much!

You just watch the increasing number of Chelski shirts there will be when your guys win the league. Fair weather fans piss me off.

Oh and no...I dont follow the Scum or the Arse.