Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

footie on the GC...

footie on the GC...

Old Apr 7th 2006, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of
Default footie on the GC...

Hi,
Just wondering if there was any kind of English football league on the GC? Someone mentioned it today when we were out and about and hubby thinks it would be a good thing to get involved in.
He used to play football in a league back in the Uk and he would like to do it over here, does anyone know anything about this??

Thanks very much
Donna xx
Old Apr 7th 2006, 11:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: footie on the GC...

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi,
Just wondering if there was any kind of English football league on the GC? Someone mentioned it today when we were out and about and hubby thinks it would be a good thing to get involved in.
He used to play football in a league back in the Uk and he would like to do it over here, does anyone know anything about this??

Thanks very much
Donna xx
Just found this: http://www.goldcoastsoccer.com.au/

there is also this link: http://www.soccer-over35.com/ don't know how old he is.
Old Apr 7th 2006, 12:56 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks very much
Donna xx
hope this helps in Ashmore:

SOUTHPORT SOCCER CLUB

SP - Ashmore Village Park, Mualla Drive, Ashmore Ph: 5539 6475

President Chris Young H: 5597 3157

M: 0417 634209

Secretary Karen Trapp M: 0402 208852

Junior Contact Karen Trapp M: 0402 208852

Senior Contact Rod Hall H: 5574 8095

M: 0408 721599

Women"s Contact Therese Hensby M: 0411 832997

Correspondence P O Box 4115, Ashmore 4214 FAX: 5527 8179
Old Apr 8th 2006, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: footie on the GC...

Thanks very much, going to hopefully make a few phone calls, and hopefully he wont have to leave his hobby behind in the UK after all!

Donna xx
Old Apr 9th 2006, 12:08 pm
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Hi,

Thanks very much
Donna xx
My husband has started playing foorball again for an over 45`s team. From what I can gather there are quite a lot of leagues for all ages.

Tracey x
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
hope this helps in Ashmore:

SOUTHPORT SOCCER CLUB

SP - Ashmore Village Park, Mualla Drive, Ashmore Ph: 5539 6475

President Chris Young H: 5597 3157

M: 0417 634209

Secretary Karen Trapp M: 0402 208852

Junior Contact Karen Trapp M: 0402 208852

Senior Contact Rod Hall H: 5574 8095

M: 0408 721599

Women"s Contact Therese Hensby M: 0411 832997

Correspondence P O Box 4115, Ashmore 4214 FAX: 5527 8179

Good plug

My daughter and son play for Southport.

Great club, if the O P looks on the G C S website there is loads of info on the football scene here on the Gold Coast
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:21 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dicko
Good plug

My daughter and son play for Southport.

Great club, if the O P looks on the G C S website there is loads of info on the football scene here on the Gold Coast
GCS Website? Thats my website (see sig!) LOL
Here's some trivia for ya...... my parents used to be the licensee's & live in the unit over Southport Soccer Club @ Ashmore!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

I play in the over 35's league during the week. Many different teams, i play with mostly South Africans as i worked with one and he invited me along. The league is made up of many different teams and people from around the world but the majority are Poms.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenjc
I play in the over 35's league during the week. Many different teams, i play with mostly South Africans as i worked with one and he invited me along. The league is made up of many different teams and people from around the world but the majority are Poms.

Hi
I have played in that league, the only thing is when my kids got involved in the game again, my weeknights have been taken over by their training & games, also I hated those 9 o'clock kick offs they have on some fixtures.
I also found it quite hard to get used to no slide tackles, I mean whats all that about, it's football for gods sake.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

GCS Website? Thats my website (see sig!) LOL
Here's some trivia for ya...... my parents used to be the licensee's & live in the unit over Southport Soccer Club @ Ashmore!

Hi Claire,
Another bit of trivia for you, 1 of the managers in work was president for a few years, they probably know him, fella who used to play for Dumbarton years ago, don't want to post his name on the website though.
Also how long ago were they the licensees? I know a few people in the club who have been around a few years?

When are you due over here by the way?
Old Apr 11th 2006, 10:34 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Hi Claire,
Another bit of trivia for you, 1 of the managers in work was president for a few years, they probably know him, fella who used to play for Dumbarton years ago, don't want to post his name on the website though.
Also how long ago were they the licensees? I know a few people in the club who have been around a few years?

When are you due over here by the way?
We are flying (hopefully) around the 27th May......
They were licensees there around 1995-1998. If look on my website on the About Us page there is a pic of my mum.
We have applied for a rental too in Ashmore, on Heritage Green opp the Seafood & Steak - we will find out tomorrow Oz time if we have it! Is that anywhere near you?

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Apr 11th 2006 at 10:37 am.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are flying (hopefully) around the 27th May......
They were licensees there around 1995-1998. If look on my website on the About Us page there is a pic of my mum.
We have applied for a rental too in Ashmore, on Heritage Green opp the Seafood & Steak - we will find out tomorrow Oz time if we have it! Is that anywhere near you?

Hi Claire,

Just replied to the PM
Old Apr 11th 2006, 4:52 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Hi Claire,

Just replied to the PM
Yeah got it & replied! How much of a small world is that then eh? LOL
Can't believe you know my parents best mates! hehehe
So then, are we up for a BBQ at the beginning of June?

Claire
x

PS..... Sorry for hijaking the thread!
Old Apr 12th 2006, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Dont worry I will get you when I see you about in Ashmore

Yeah got it & replied! How much of a small world is that then eh? LOL
Can't believe you know my parents best mates! hehehe
So then, are we up for a BBQ at the beginning of June?

Claire
x

PS..... Sorry for hijaking the thread!
Old Apr 12th 2006, 4:58 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Dont worry I will get you when I see you about in Ashmore
Thats fighting talk lass! LOL