Football on TV?

Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:35 am
3 Yrs til the good life!

terriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really nice
Default Football on TV?

Can you get any UK sports channels in Oz, both dh and i are seriously going to miss football, we don't get to many live games anyway but would love to know we may get to see something on TV.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:48 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Football on TV?

Originally Posted by terriefarrell
Can you get any UK sports channels in Oz, both dh and i are seriously going to miss football, we don't get to many live games anyway but would love to know we may get to see something on TV.

Fox Sports show more Prem games than Sky do. As well as getting the early game live, and the late kick off live on Saturdays, we also get a 3 o'clock kick off live too, thats 3 live games in a row most Saturdays. On Sundays we also get the 4 o'clock game live and any game that kicks off early too. Generally over a weekend (Sat, Sun and Mon) we will get 6 games live. Dont forget they start lateish at night here though, especially when the clocks change in October.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:50 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.foxsports.com.au/tvguide/search
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:56 am
3 Yrs til the good life!

terriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really nice

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
sounds reassuring, do you get any highlights of other games...like on MOTD?
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:00 pm
Karma earned, not whored

There are loads of highlights shows on all week, at different times of the day. Trust me after a couple of years you wont miss it all. We had season tickets at BWFC for 10 years or so, rarely watch live games these days, life sort of moves on, but you do miss it at first.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:05 pm
3 Yrs til the good life!

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
There are loads of highlights shows on all week, at different times of the day. Trust me after a couple of years you wont miss it all. We had season tickets at BWFC for 10 years or so, rarely watch live games these days, life sort of moves on, but you do miss it at first.
Thanks for all the info, just hope my screaming during live games doesn't keep everyone up!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:19 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite like MOTD but there is The World Game on a Sunday afternoon on SBS and a few highlight packages on Fox. You also get full games replayed on Fox during the week, just in case you not able to stay up til 5am to watch all Saturday's games

I've had a few weeks of getting to bed at a sensible time on a Saturday but that's all about to change isn't it
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:27 pm
3 Yrs til the good life!

......and it couldn't come quick enough to be honest!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:33 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

......and it couldn't come quick enough to be honest!
I prefer Aussie Rules these days anyway so to be honest I haven't really missed it. But that doesn't mean I won't be still watching it bleary-eyed at 430 on the 12th.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

When in Rome.... watch Friday Night Football on Channel 9 (free to air).

You'll be calling all sorts of sport "football" after being in Oz for a while.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:38 pm
3 Yrs til the good life!

Originally Posted by copa
When in Rome.... watch Friday Night Football on Channel 9 (free to air).

You'll be calling all sorts of sport "football" after being in Oz for a while.
I doubt that to be honest, not for me anyway but dh loves rugby too so maybe he may be interested in aussie rules
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:43 pm
What's happening dudes?

I doubt that to be honest, not for me anyway but dh loves rugby too so maybe he may be interested in aussie rules
You'll soon learn that 'football' could be any one of four sports, depending on where you are and who you're talking too. Monday mornings are a nightmare when somebody says 'hey, did you see the footy at the weekend?' and you spend the next five minutes figuring out which code they're actually on about You soon get used to it though.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

Rugby League ( www.nrl.com ) is the major TV sport for half the population... and aussie rules ( www.afl.com.au) is the major TV sport in the other half.

You can't avoid it. It's everywhere. It's dramas, stories, scandals etc etc etc.... wait and see what it is like following English football when it's on the other side of the planet and the locas know very little about it. Two football world cups ago it was still possible to meet people in Australia who didn't even know it was on.... less so now though.

best of luck though.

I am a Canbera Raiders (rugby league) season ticket holder.... Association Football here is just too low quality to pay money for.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:48 pm
3 Yrs til the good life!

do they call football football or soccer?
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

do they call football football or soccer?
Most people call it soccer but it has been officially rebranded as "football" these last few years.... which is a bit silly in the Australian market cos people already call rugby union, rugby league and aussie rules "football" in certain circumstances..

ie "Friday Night Football" is a rugby league broadcast on TV...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.