Food shortage?

Old Oct 29th 2004, 10:49 am
kingofcats2005

Default Food shortage?

Hi
Have read the lettuce post with great interest!!
Are there any other foods that are currently really expensive/unavailable in Australia ?
Personally I would hate to be without Triple Bars - if you've not tried them, get some!
Dave

Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Food shortage?

OK, I am guilty of starting the last leetuce thread, I am also guilty of being under the affluence of incohol, but pleeeezze - whats a Triple Bar?!!!
Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:59 pm
kingofcats2005

Originally Posted by Pollyana
OK, I am guilty of starting the last leetuce thread, I am also guilty of being under the affluence of incohol, but pleeeezze - whats a Triple Bar?!!!
well how do you decribe it? all chocs seem to sound similar but this one has crumbly biscuit...not a bar like a mars bar but small -same size as a penguin bar - great with filter coffee! - you get them in sainsburys and tesco in the Uk. Won't miss them as such as will be bringing a tea chest full of them with me!
Dave

Old Oct 29th 2004, 5:53 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingofcats2005
well how do you decribe it? all chocs seem to sound similar but this one has crumbly biscuit...not a bar like a mars bar but small -same size as a penguin bar - great with filter coffee! - you get them in sainsburys and tesco in the Uk. Won't miss them as such as will be bringing a tea chest full of them with me!
Dave
Oh & they are made by Foxs Biscuits!!
Old Oct 29th 2004, 11:34 pm
ABCDiamond

This one

Haven't seen it or heard of it before

Old Oct 30th 2004, 3:45 am
kingofcats2005

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
This one

Haven't seen it or heard of it before
Unquestionably the best biscuit ever, I'm gonna miss them if I can't get them which I'm beginning to guess is the case as noone in Australia seems to have heard of them
Dave

Old Oct 30th 2004, 5:26 am
ABCDiamond

Unquestionably the best biscuit ever, I'm gonna miss them if I can't get them which I'm beginning to guess is the case as noone in Australia seems to have heard of them
Dave
While in the UK, find out who the overseas distributor of them would be, then when you arrive in OZ, find your nearest store that stocks UK products, (there is often one in each major city), and give them the details, and ask if they are able to stock them.
And then of course be prepared to pay well over the odds for them, for ever after

You could of course send one to Dick Smith , and see if he would start making them here.

Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:20 pm
kingofcats2005

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
While in the UK, find out who the overseas distributor of them would be, then when you arrive in OZ, find your nearest store that stocks UK products, (there is often one in each major city), and give them the details, and ask if they are able to stock them.
And then of course be prepared to pay well over the odds for them, for ever after

You could of course send one to Dick Smith , and see if he would start making them here.
Good idea ! cheers...maybe I should suggest the 'classic' biscuit too! fox's are the best in the business - shoot me down if I'm wrong!
cheers!
Dave

Old Oct 30th 2004, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Good idea ! cheers...maybe I should suggest the 'classic' biscuit too! fox's are the best in the business - shoot me down if I'm wrong!
cheers!
Dave
No intention of shooting you down. Each to their own. Gotta say I'm in the UK and have never heard of Triple Bars. But there ya go...biscuits are not high on my grocery lists. However, fear not...I am sure you will find lots of substitutes in Oz as they do have lots of varieties of biscuits. And lets face it... if you want 'to die for' Tim Tams are top notch. You can get them (very expensively) in Tescos if you feel the need to try them out. And if you do then you have to do the Tim Tam suck (at least once). Bite off opposite corners and use it as a straw to drink your coffee. Aaaahhhhh...
Old Oct 30th 2004, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ushas
No intention of shooting you down. Each to their own. Gotta say I'm in the UK and have never heard of Triple Bars. But there ya go...biscuits are not high on my grocery lists. However, fear not...I am sure you will find lots of substitutes in Oz as they do have lots of varieties of biscuits. And lets face it... if you want 'to die for' Tim Tams are top notch. You can get them (very expensively) in Tescos if you feel the need to try them out. And if you do then you have to do the Tim Tam suck (at least once). Bite off opposite corners and use it as a straw to drink your coffee. Aaaahhhhh...
Hi
Been in Aus for two months and I also have never heard of a triple bar - did love the fox Classic bar (you know the one - rectangular and wrapped individually in a blue wrapper). Have tried TimTams and they remind me of penguin bars!
Susan
Old Oct 30th 2004, 2:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunny_samantha
Hi
Been in Aus for two months and I also have never heard of a triple bar - did love the fox Classic bar (you know the one - rectangular and wrapped individually in a blue wrapper). Have tried TimTams and they remind me of penguin bars!
Susan
I thought Penguins were the best till I tasted Tim Tams flavoured with Tia Maria.......
Old Oct 30th 2004, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I thought Penguins were the best till I tasted Tim Tams flavoured with Tia Maria.......
Now that sound more interesting than the ones we tried (although am not keen on coffee) which were I think doube chocolate or just ordinary chocolate (can't remember as have been at the cask wine again!!!!!!!! And a very nice bottle of Rosemount Estate)
I wish they would make them Baileys flavoured!
Susan
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sunny_samantha
Now that sound more interesting than the ones we tried (although am not keen on coffee) which were I think doube chocolate or just ordinary chocolate (can't remember as have been at the cask wine again!!!!!!!! And a very nice bottle of Rosemount Estate)
I wish they would make them Baileys flavoured!
Susan

They actually do quite a large range these days, caramel, tia maria, double choc, dark, milk... etc etc...