British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Food Bills (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/food-bills-411149/)

melaniee Dec 1st 2006 4:22 am

Food Bills

I am interested to know how much other couples spend on food per month ? We seem to spend a fortune !

Leeds_to_Perth Dec 1st 2006 4:33 am

Re: Food Bills

What do you class as a forutune?
Where do you shop?
Do you buy premium brands? Fresh produce? Exotic foods?

LouiseD Dec 1st 2006 5:07 am

Originally Posted by melaniee
I am interested to know how much other couples spend on food per month ? We seem to spend a fortune !

Probably around $1000 for three of us :scared:

iPom Dec 1st 2006 5:23 am

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Probably around $1000 for three of us :scared:

For 3? :eek:

I can do a family of 5 for a lot less! What are you eating?!!

thebears Dec 1st 2006 5:40 am

Originally Posted by iPom

Banana's of course :D

LouiseD Dec 1st 2006 5:52 am

Originally Posted by thebears
Banana's of course :D

mmmmm banana butties !!

LouiseD Dec 1st 2006 5:56 am

It's 3 adults though. And my hubby is a big lad, takes plenty filling up.

I did include all the other household stuff too, laundry stuff, dog food, everything except the booze.

iPom Dec 1st 2006 6:00 am

Originally Posted by LouiseD
It's 3 adults though. And my hubby is a big lad, takes plenty filling up.

I did include all the other household stuff too, laundry stuff, dog food, everything except the booze.

My hub's 6'5" and I have three children, plus myself. I'd say my kids eat more than one adult...

Jayniebabes Dec 1st 2006 6:03 am

We used to be around 800 a month but now dad has arrived that means feeding 4 so we are now a little more say about 900 - still a lot but if I compare to UK price then maybe not - do you shop at Coles or Woolies - I find Woolies more expensive

gjs Dec 1st 2006 8:48 pm

We spend around $1000 a month,family of five,but this would include nappies and baby formula,cleaning products etc.

obiwan Dec 2nd 2006 12:42 am

hi Ipom,

we are 5 as well.....how much do you spend a month if i may ask?

thanks

liverpool girl Dec 2nd 2006 9:06 am

We shop at Woolies and spend around $600 per month for food and cleaning stuff. There are 2 adults and a 6 year old who hardly eats anything! I think this is about the same as we spent in the UK, maybe slightly more. I think fruit and veg is very expensive here. Apples seem to be twice the price of those in the UK.

Mrs Jackaroo Dec 2nd 2006 9:12 am

Originally Posted by liverpool girl
We shop at Woolies and spend around $600 per month for food and cleaning stuff. There are 2 adults and a 6 year old who hardly eats anything! I think this is about the same as we spent in the UK, maybe slightly more. I think fruit and veg is very expensive here. Apples seem to be twice the price of those in the UK.

Exactly the same as us. Two adults, one 7 year old - shop at Woolies and spend around $600 per month :)