Reload this Page >

flying with Quantas ....

flying with Quantas ....

Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:19 pm
T&P
Forum Regular

T&P is on a distinguished road

No problem

Forgot to say - we flew economy London to Sydney.

T
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:21 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: flying with Quantas ....

Originally posted by lucyb
Just a slight failure to stop at the end of the runway.......everyone ok!
Has to be fatal or near fatal so I'm assuming that they still have it as everyone was OK

Kala
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:22 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

I found Qantas to be a very average airline. Food is exceedingly average. I would be going Air NZ personally but Qantas was cheaper.

The best airline I flew on re: food was ANA. Couldn't describe half of what I was served, but it was wonderful and there was plenty of it.

Not sure ANA fly from the UK to Australia. They do LAX-NRT-SYD and return.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:24 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kala
Has to be fatal or near fatal so I'm assuming that they still have it as everyone was OK

Kala

http://www.atsb.gov.au/aviation/edit...uel_detail.cfm
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:25 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Ulujain
I found Qantas to be a very average airline. Food is exceedingly average. I would be going Air NZ personally but Qantas was cheaper.

The best airline I flew on re: food was ANA. Couldn't describe half of what I was served, but it was wonderful and there was plenty of it.

Not sure ANA fly from the UK to Australia. They do LAX-NRT-SYD and return.
Oh sorry have to disagree, I dont like Qantas but you would never catch me on ANZ ever again officially the worse Airline on the planet in my oppinion.

Kala
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:27 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by stephenwhite68
Glad to be of service !!
Acccording to the old adage "Accidents will happen", does that mean that Quantas are long overdue?
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:28 pm
o_0

Originally posted by kala
Oh sorry have to disagree, I dont like Qantas but you would never catch me on ANZ ever again officially the worse Airline on the planet in my oppinion.

Kala
You may have ANA (All Nippon Airways) mixed up with ANZ (Air New Zealand)

I've never flown Air NZ. I was going to go with them as I deemed them less a target for terrorists than Qantas.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:35 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

You may have ANA (All Nippon Airways) mixed up with ANZ (Air New Zealand)

I've never flown Air NZ. I was going to go with them as I deemed them less a target for terrorists than Qantas.
No I know who you meant but you have said that you would fly ANZ over QF if they were cheaper, And although I dont like QF I'd still rather go them then ANZ (who I hate with a passion)

Never flown ANA so can't comment
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:35 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Phew!! Disregard my last post. As they've had a recent scare, then everyone at Quantas from ground maint. to crew will be on their toes.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:39 pm
o_0

Originally posted by NedKelly63
Acccording to the old adage "Accidents will happen", does that mean that Quantas are long overdue?
Hehehe, I'm flying Delta from Dallas to LA. Delta have a sorry record, to be honest, so Qantas' may cancel Delta out as far as records go. They were the cheapest as well. I've gone cheapskate all the way.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've flown several times with Qantas - they are either excellent, or appalling! Though to be fair on the appalling flight, I discovered that the crew had apparently been pulled off Melbourne-Perth and put on Mel-Singapore cos of an hours thing, and none of them wanted to go....so took it out on the passengers!
Never had any problems getting drinks - the crew does like to vanish and have a gossip, but I've never had a complaint when I've gone in search of alcohol. On my last flight the steward was leaving me three cans at a time to save himself trips!!!

I'll always remember my first trip to Aus though....sitting in the cockpit while flying over Turkey or somewhere round there at dawn (after I waved a pilots licence at them and begged for a visit!). ......and then on the next leg, flying into Melbourne, 5am, pitch dark (it was the end of April) and they invited me to the cockpit for landing. Truly superb first arrival! Can't do it now, security rules and locked doors, but it was a brilliant experience.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:22 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hehehe, I'm flying Delta from Dallas to LA. Delta have a sorry record, to be honest, so Qantas' may cancel Delta out as far as records go. They were the cheapest as well. I've gone cheapskate all the way.
Compared to the US airlines Qantas looks good. Hence 1/3 of their profits come from the LA runs.

I've flown Qantas internally and to NZ and found them very similiar to BA. Must be that BA own 20% of Qantas. If you get a geritatric crew the service can be awful.

IMO Cathay and Singapore service and entertainment is the best although I am still to try Emirates.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:49 pm
o_0

Originally posted by bondipom
Compared to the US airlines Qantas looks good. Hence 1/3 of their profits come from the LA runs.

I've flown Qantas internally and to NZ and found them very similiar to BA. Must be that BA own 20% of Qantas. If you get a geritatric crew the service can be awful.

IMO Cathay and Singapore service and entertainment is the best although I am still to try Emirates.
Well, one of the side effects of 9/11 over here, is that airline safety has improved. It's sending most of the big airlines, like American, United, Northwest, Continental and Delta, broke, but it has improved their safety record.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 12:56 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, one of the side effects of 9/11 over here, is that airline safety has improved. It's sending most of the big airlines, like American, United, Northwest, Continental and Delta, broke, but it has improved their safety record.
I remember pre 911 security in US airports and frankly it was appalling. Now I hear it is totally over the top. You identified one of several factors sending traditional full service airlines into losses. Others include heavy price pressure from low cost airlines that have rewritten the airlines business plan and in the past the public that refused to fly post 911.

BA and Qantas have the same issues but to a lesser degree.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 4:27 am
o_0

Originally posted by bondipom
I remember pre 911 security in US airports and frankly it was appalling. Now I hear it is totally over the top. You identified one of several factors sending traditional full service airlines into losses. Others include heavy price pressure from low cost airlines that have rewritten the airlines business plan and in the past the public that refused to fly post 911.

BA and Qantas have the same issues but to a lesser degree.
Yes, LAX lived up to its name pre-9/11. I could've walked through LA with submachine guns, grenades, the whole 9 yards and I would've gotten "have a nice day" from US customs.

Nowadays, it's Fortress America.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.