Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flying out tomorrow morning/No visa yet !

Flying out tomorrow morning/No visa yet !

Old Nov 14th 2007, 5:26 pm
Dublin to Sunshine Coast

goat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant future
Smile Flying out tomorrow morning/No visa yet !

We are off tomorrow !!

Fiji for a few weeks (to get married!), NZ for a few weeks then Brisbane (our new home!!)

We have front loaded PCC's & medicals, CO was on to us for the medicals (a while ago - see timeline below) so we figure we are OK in principle for the 136 visa - subject to medicals being ok (Doc told us all was fine) so we plan to have a 4-10 week holiday en-route and 'evidence in person' in Auckland once we (hopefully!) get our 'visa grant email' .....

So bye bye rainy Dublin, hello Fiji !!

Will check in along the way & try to give any tips we can !

Karma sent to all waiting for visas!! (like us ! )
Old Nov 14th 2007, 5:29 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying out tomorrow morning/No visa yet !

Have you contacted your CO to tell them you're going to be going on holiday?They would need to know I think because you have to be offshore when the visa is granted might give them a little nudge maybe
Old Nov 14th 2007, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, how exciting!
Have fun and hope you have news of your visa soon, do they give you much notice to leave Oz for it to be granted and how do you let them know what you are planning?

Sam
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:10 pm
Dublin to Sunshine Coast

goat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Clippies
Have you contacted your CO to tell them you're going to be going on holiday?They would need to know I think because you have to be offshore when the visa is granted might give them a little nudge maybe

Yup , we emailed our CO via the DIAC site & informed them.

Not long now ! 4 bags @ 23 kg each (Mrs has 3, I have been left with 1 knackered auld rucksack from backpacking 10yrs ago !! )

Anyways, we will compromise & do what she wants !

I have a laptop bag with laptop,camera,Ipod,PSP,Tom Tom & about 50 cables / chargers in it !! -

will I be ok with that as hand luggage (its 10kg exactly) ??
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:06 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goat eyes

I think its too heavy for carry-on (depends on the airline)....however if it's really just a normal laptop bag (i.e. it fits in the carry-on baggage measuring thing at check in) and you make sure it doesn't look heavy then I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:07 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Yup , we emailed our CO via the DIAC site & informed them.

Not long now ! 4 bags @ 23 kg each (Mrs has 3, I have been left with 1 knackered auld rucksack from backpacking 10yrs ago !! )

I have a laptop bag with laptop,camera,Ipod,PSP,Tom Tom & about 50 cables / chargers in it !! -

We are flying with emirates economy and with them it's 20kg and 7kg hand luggage, we've already validated so don't qualify for the 40kg allowance unfortunately!
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

We are off tomorrow !!

Fiji for a few weeks (to get married!), NZ for a few weeks then Brisbane (our new home!!)

We have front loaded PCC's & medicals, CO was on to us for the medicals (a while ago - see timeline below) so we figure we are OK in principle for the 136 visa - subject to medicals being ok (Doc told us all was fine) so we plan to have a 4-10 week holiday en-route and 'evidence in person' in Auckland once we (hopefully!) get our 'visa grant email' .....

So bye bye rainy Dublin, hello Fiji !!

Will check in along the way & try to give any tips we can !

Karma sent to all waiting for visas!! (like us ! )
Hey
good luck goat hope all goes great for you. as a fellow dub hope to see you there next year. keep us informed how you are getting once you have setteled
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Theres a good husband to be in the making!!! Took two years for my husband to figure that one out!!

Best of luck with the wedding and the travels!!
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:45 pm
Dublin to Sunshine Coast

Smile Re: Flying out tomorrow morning/No visa yet !

Originally Posted by Mairead
Theres a good husband to be in the making!!! Took two years for my husband to figure that one out!!

Best of luck with the wedding and the travels!!

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.....

Just to give yez a laugh ; I popped down to rathmines earlier (1pm) to go to the bank, post office etc, popped into the internet cafe to see if i could book in online & get better seats - in there 10 mins, had a haircut, came home...

8pm, bags packed - rented house cleaned up - NO SIGN OF MY PASSPORT

Anyway, Linford Christie wouldn't have had a look in as I legged it back down to rathmines - into the Garda station - no sign, barbers- closed , popped into the Internet cafe 7 HOURS LATER - there it is sitting next to PC number 10 !!:thumbsu p:

Sweet Jayzus - 10yrs off me life there and then. Gonna let herself look after it - best off with a grown up !
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

hey she would have loved that. no passport and nowhere to live. i reckon she would have gone on her own and you have to stay here and enjoy the young free and single life again maybe you should have said you couldnt find it as said before best of luck and keep us posted. we hope to get our forms off to the TRA next week. fingers crossed
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Just to give yez a laugh ; I popped down to rathmines earlier (1pm) to go to the bank, post office etc, popped into the internet cafe to see if i could book in online & get better seats - in there 10 mins, had a haircut, came home...

Anyway, Linford Christie wouldn't have had a look in as I legged it back down to rathmines - into the Garda station - no sign, barbers- closed , popped into the Internet cafe 7 HOURS LATER - there it is sitting next to PC number 10 !!:thumbsu p:

Sweet Jayzus - 10yrs off me life there and then. Gonna let herself look after it - best off with a grown up !
Jeez, your sailing by the seat of yer pants! Good job it was still there, could be a sign to say it'll all work out good
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Sweet Jayzus - 10yrs off me life there and then. Gonna let herself look after it - best off with a grown up ! :
The very best of luck to you both. It shouldn't be too long for your visa. My cousin (Tony - Aslan?) got his last week and they applied in May too, so he's on a high. Hope to see him here early next year - house sale allowing and all that. Maybe meet you at one of the GC meets some time. All the best. Michelle x
Old Nov 16th 2007, 3:06 am
Dublin to Sunshine Coast

Talking Re: Flying out tomorrow morning/No visa yet !

Originally Posted by Streaks
Jeez, your sailing by the seat of yer pants! Good job it was still there, could be a sign to say it'll all work out good
Hi there, thanks for the replies ! all good - in LA now, got upgraded to Club Class !!!! Defo a sign from above that all will be well !!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:13 am

Hi there, thanks for the replies ! all good - in LA now, got upgraded to Club Class !!!! Defo a sign from above that all will be well !!
Wow fantastic
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

Hiya
Have a great time and hope that visa comes through quick. your not missing much here just the same miserable weather. We should be heading of mid January.
Wish my oh would take me on a long holiday en route.

Sandra

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.