Reload this Page >

Flying into Perth 11th Oct on final interview

Flying into Perth 11th Oct on final interview

Old Sep 28th 2011, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

new-life is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flying into Perth 11th Oct on final interview

Hi

Well this is it on the final leg of our potential journey into a new life....life has seriously sucked in the uk for the last 2+ years ever since my business died in the crash from being a million quid + profit into over half that in the red and dragging me down with it.
My poor family have suffered tremendously and we have lost everything. The wolves are at the door and life is just not too good.

However,.........

Sunny Perth is beckoning, a new life in a beautiful city....my wife and 3 children are excited at the prospect of sun, sea, sand.....and i may get lucky and get 'er indoors' back in the mood too

So the pressures on....we are in Perth from the 12th Oct until the 18th with an interview and medical at the OC and a fly out to site. Have been promised time to look around at rentals and schooling, college etc and generally take in the area....if anyone can offer some advice on where we should be going whilst we are there please shout up...even better if anyone wishes to meet up and give us the benefit of their experience it will be greatly appreciated (first round on me...and 2nd....third)

Old Sep 28th 2011, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flying into Perth 11th Oct on final interview

Originally Posted by new-life
Hi

Well this is it on the final leg of our potential journey into a new life....life has seriously sucked in the uk for the last 2+ years ever since my business died in the crash from being a million quid + profit into over half that in the red and dragging me down with it.
My poor family have suffered tremendously and we have lost everything. The wolves are at the door and life is just not too good.

However,.........

Sunny Perth is beckoning, a new life in a beautiful city....my wife and 3 children are excited at the prospect of sun, sea, sand.....and i may get lucky and get 'er indoors' back in the mood too

So the pressures on....we are in Perth from the 12th Oct until the 18th with an interview and medical at the OC and a fly out to site. Have been promised time to look around at rentals and schooling, college etc and generally take in the area....if anyone can offer some advice on where we should be going whilst we are there please shout up...even better if anyone wishes to meet up and give us the benefit of their experience it will be greatly appreciated (first round on me...and 2nd....third)

Best of luck for your visit!
Old Sep 28th 2011, 7:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

However,.........

Welcome to Perth and a new start for you and your family.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Welcome to Perth and a new start for you and your family.
Thanks, thats assuming i'm successful
Old Sep 28th 2011, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Hey
Good luck hope it all goes well...Be safe in the knowledge that we didnt have quite a million skwid when we arrived in Dec but are doing very nicely in glorious Perth

Whats the OC.....

And would have been good to have given you the full run down but im off to Alice Springs for work on your dates.....

Hi

However,.........

Old Sep 28th 2011, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had any thoughts yet about suburbs and schools?
Old Sep 28th 2011, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pomerz
Hey
Good luck hope it all goes well...Be safe in the knowledge that we didnt have quite a million skwid when we arrived in Dec but are doing very nicely in glorious Perth

Whats the OC.....

And would have been good to have given you the full run down but im off to Alice Springs for work on your dates.....
Hi thanks

Nah I dont have that either....bare beans....the OC operations centre...thanks its appreciated.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to all

Hi

However,.........

If you get chance, I would recommend that you visit Fremantle, Kings Park, Hillarys Boat Harbour, Cottesloe, Yanchep National Park, Whiteman Park and the Swan Valley. Further afield is Rottnest Island, via boat, and Margaret River, which is a three hour drive south of Perth. The wineries in Margaret River are fantastic , but there are some wineries in the Swan Valley.

I am sure you will have a lovely time, just not enough of it, especially if you are looking are potential areas to live.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kathryn V
If you get chance, I would recommend that you visit Fremantle, Kings Park, Hillarys Boat Harbour, Cottesloe, Yanchep National Park, Whiteman Park and the Swan Valley. Further afield is Rottnest Island, via boat, and Margaret River, which is a three hour drive south of Perth. The wineries in Margaret River are fantastic , but there are some wineries in the Swan Valley.

I am sure you will have a lovely time, just not enough of it, especially if you are looking are potential areas to live.
Thanks thats much appreciated....fellow yorkshire person....we're from doncaster
Old Sep 28th 2011, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to all

Hello new-life

I am sure you will love it in Perth. We were there for just over five years and had a great time. Unfortunately, we came back just as the financial "downturn" hit, which was swiftly followed by the recession. Financially, things are not looking any better now either, but Perth is booming . Take your opportunities whilst you can.

Enjoy