Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

flying from heathrow 17jan 04

flying from heathrow 17jan 04

Old Jan 11th 2004, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

sashadan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default flying from heathrow 17jan 04

anyone flying from heathrow 17jan 04,we are going by BA 017 at 2105 to mel via singapore.

any one on our trip??

cheers

sd
Old Jan 11th 2004, 8:30 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Sorry, no. I am flying to Perth the day before (16th jan) with Emirates if anyone is going then!
Old Jan 11th 2004, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by cherry6
Sorry, no. I am flying to Perth the day before (16th jan) with Emirates if anyone is going then!
which airport u going from cherry6??
Old Jan 11th 2004, 8:35 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Heathrow, I am leaving about 1.30pm changing at Dubai (chance to scoff some KFC or burger king) then on to Perth, arrive 17th at about 5pm. Me and 3 kids (have booked the kids meals in advance, wish I could have one )
Old Jan 11th 2004, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Heathrow, I am leaving about 1.30pm changing at Dubai (chance to scoff some KFC or burger king) then on to Perth, arrive 17th at about 5pm. Me and 3 kids (have booked the kids meals in advance, wish I could have one )

is'nt it exciting !!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 11th 2004, 8:41 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flying from heathrow 17jan 04

Are you settiling in Melbourne ?
Old Jan 11th 2004, 8:43 pm
Wishing on a star...

Originally posted by sashadan
is'nt it exciting !!!!!!!!!
Yes it is, its hard to say goodbye to people though. We started the first round today, goodbye to my mother and father in law. I lie awake for ages at night, going over stuff in my head, what I have to remember to do etc. Are you all sorted?
Old Jan 11th 2004, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by HUP
Are you settiling in Melbourne ?

we've(wife ,me and 11+12 yr old) never been to oz,no freinds or rellies in oz.we are starting in mel, after a couple of years, we might move to another state .we know oz is not uk,and we will adapt and accept to the way oz is.

cheers

ssd
Old Jan 11th 2004, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Are you all sorted?
we are selling our house.hopefully it wll exchange just b4 or after we go to oz.we bought a oneway ticket so if the house falls thru, we'll stay there as a hol,then buy a 2way ticket with a changeable return date(oz>uk>oz).for the last 7 days,we've been going to bed at 3am after being on the net looking at houses etc,or packing boxes.we have got a price for a container,we take everything to their depot,pack,load container,they will lift my van into it(i'm a plumber) and partition it (20ft container £1750+ins).
if house sale looks like its moving in the right direction,we will take our stuff on wed,then hire a car from the airport,till we fly.
over the phone (info from the web)we booked 3 weeks in a holi site chalet,and booked a car from mel airport.

fingers crossed

ssd

Last edited by sashadan; Jan 12th 2004 at 9:11 am.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 9:17 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

We've been in Melbourne since November and we are having a ball (Were on the honeymoon period!). If you need any pointers on areas or other stuff then let me know. We were lucky enough to have family over here who helped us find the right area.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

PaulDClark is an unknown quantity at this point

we booked 3 weeks in a holi site chalet

How much was this? I assumed about 1000GPB for a month, and it seems it closer to 1500-2000GPB, which is a bit steep...
Old Jan 11th 2004, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by HUP
We've been in Melbourne since November and we are having a ball (Were on the honeymoon period!). If you need any pointers on areas or other stuff then let me know. We were lucky enough to have family over here who helped us find the right area.

thanks hup
Old Jan 12th 2004, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by PaulDClark
we booked 3 weeks in a holi site chalet

How much was this? I assumed about 1000GPB for a month, and it seems it closer to 1500-2000GPB, which is a bit steep...
$1700 (£708)for 3 weeks,4 berth eunsuite.

the site is very basic

cheers sd
Old Jan 12th 2004, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

PaulDClark is an unknown quantity at this point

Ta
Old Jan 12th 2004, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Sasha

Might see you in Singapore?? We fly with Singapore airlines and arrive at Changi at about 7 in the morning on 18.

debs