Reload this Page >

Flying with children

Flying with children

Old Mar 26th 2009, 2:21 pm
Claire

Keg R will become famous soon enoughKeg R will become famous soon enough
Default Flying with children

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone has flown with 3 children on there own befor?
My hubby is going out in April to find work then i'm flying out with the children end of June.

When's the best time to fly am or pm? cheers
Old Mar 26th 2009, 3:20 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying with children

I found that flying overnight is a little better, then it depends on the airline. I flew with Singapore and mine are old enough to use the video game console, so that kept them busy between meals and sleep. It ain't easy, but very well manageable, so best of luck to you.

NJ
Old Mar 26th 2009, 3:23 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Keg R
Hello,

My hubby is going out in April to find work then i'm flying out with the children end of June.

I suppose I have flown with three children the oldest being my husband to be honest with you it's easy.
We flew with a sick bug as well!!

Carol
Old Mar 26th 2009, 3:45 pm
Claire

Originally Posted by newjersey
I found that flying overnight is a little better, then it depends on the airline. I flew with Singapore and mine are old enough to use the video game console, so that kept them busy between meals and sleep. It ain't easy, but very well manageable, so best of luck to you.

NJ
Thankyou for your reply, I know it's going to be a nightmare but i'm sure i can handle it. Just wasn't sure because of the time difference.

Originally Posted by mabozar
I suppose I have flown with three children the oldest being my husband to be honest with you it's easy.
We flew with a sick bug as well!!

Carol
Thats why i'm sending him off first because sometimes he's worse then the little ones.
I'm just really nervous about it because i'm going to have to deal with saying goodbye to all my friends and family on my own, then push my feeling aside to deal with a 26hr flight with a 9, 7 and a 2 year old..
All be worth it in the end tho ay

Claire.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Keg R
Hello,

I'll be interested to hear how you get on. We might end up having to do something similar. I've got a 4 yr old and a 2yr old energetic little thing!
My husband had an interview for a job, but they wanted him in the middle of June and we were thinking Sept (haven't even got the visa yet though). I was tempted by the 9pm flights so that the kids were really sleepy to start it off. But then when I saw a midday one that was tempting, because they'll probably be really excitable when they first get on the plane. Where are you off to?

The other benefit of the midday flight was that it arrives in the evening, so you can just go to bed as you'll be so tired, rather than trying to stay up all day.

Last edited by Tubbs2Oz; Mar 26th 2009 at 3:50 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 3:55 pm
Claire

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
I'll be interested to hear how you get on. We might end up having to do something similar. I've got a 4 yr old and a 2yr old energetic little thing!
My husband had an interview for a job, but they wanted him in the middle of June and we were thinking Sept (haven't even got the visa yet though). I was tempted by the 9pm flights so that the kids were really sleepy to start it off. But then when I saw a midday one that was tempting, because they'll probably be really excitable when they first get on the plane. Where are you off to?

The other benefit of the midday flight was that it arrives in the evening, so you can just go to bed as you'll be so tired, rather than trying to stay up all day.
Hello Tubbs2Oz,

We're off to brisbane. The afternoon flight sounds a lot better to me but then again if hubby's already out there he can entertain the kiddies whilst i sleep..
What about u where are u hoping to go and what visa will u be applying for ?

Claire
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

We're off to Sydney. We've applied for a 175 and are luckily still on the CSL, so we're hoping to get the visa sometime in June - which will be quite cool because our Aussie relatives will be over then. My husband's an electronics engineer. There do seem to be quite a few jobs around for professional engineers, so we're quite hopeful.

Have you already done the dreaded house selling, or do you not have to worry about that?

Good luck,
Shirley.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:21 pm
Claire

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
We're off to Sydney. We've applied for a 175 and are luckily still on the CSL, so we're hoping to get the visa sometime in June - which will be quite cool because our Aussie relatives will be over then. My husband's an electronics engineer. There do seem to be quite a few jobs around for professional engineers, so we're quite hopeful.

Have you already done the dreaded house selling, or do you not have to worry about that?

Good luck,
Shirley.
Thanks Shirley,

We've been saving like mad for the last year so we didn't need to sell the house. Its all rented out but now we're staying in a friends flat all 5 of us its a bit of a squeeze but its keeping a roof over are heads. We decided not to sell the house just in case things didn't go to plan we've got somewhere to come back to.
Rich (hubby) is an aircraft engineer and has friends over in oz so i'm sending him packing to find a job and me a beautiful home to rent lol.
We're doing it this way because the last thing i want is to get in a country with no job, no home and 3 little ones to worry about.
My family think i'm mad flying on my own but hey u only live once

What about u... do u need to sell the house ect??

Claire