Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flying with children

Flying with children

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all
Default Flying with children

We hope to fly out one way in August '08 with kids aged 2 and 9, but would like a day or two after the first leg to stopover somewhere.

After searching for previous posts I get the impression a lot of you
would recommend Singpore Air!

Would you recommend Singapore as a good stopover with kids?

Ideally would like to get the longest leg of the journey over with first.

Would appreciate any advice

Laura
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flying with children

Singapore is the perfect stopover with kids - it's very friendly, safe and clean and it's different enough to feel like you're having a bit of an experience but in a very easy way. My kids all adore Singapore - they found Bangkok a bit much (hot, noisy and in your face). You really can't fault SA for flying with kids and their stopover programme gives you a good choice of hotels at good rates.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

I certainly recommend Singapore Airlines - will always be my first choice. Stopover in Singapore is not a bad choice, but its still a long flight - 13 hours I believe. But its definitely a good idea!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
Singapore is the perfect stopover with kids - it's very friendly, safe and clean and it's different enough to feel like you're having a bit of an experience but in a very easy way. My kids all adore Singapore - they found Bangkok a bit much (hot, noisy and in your face). You really can't fault SA for flying with kids and their stopover programme gives you a good choice of hotels at good rates.
Thanks for your reply. How long did you stay for? and did you stay in the airport or not?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChocCake
I certainly recommend Singapore Airlines - will always be my first choice. Stopover in Singapore is not a bad choice, but its still a long flight - 13 hours I believe. But its definitely a good idea!!!
I agree with you there, it's certainly a long flight!
I'm not very good when flying but the thought of doing the longest flight first
gives me some comfort!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Oh, I was just speaking from experience
I'm from Malaysia, so when we used to go back by SA, we had stopover in Singapore. But we didn't stay at the airport, we went into the city, etc

Which part of oz are you going to?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh, I was just speaking from experience
I'm from Malaysia, so when we used to go back by SA, we had stopover in Singapore. But we didn't stay at the airport, we went into the city, etc

Which part of oz are you going to?
We're heading to Melbourne. Where abouts are you?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

we're still in the UK!!!

trying to do ACS at the moment
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:40 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Singapore is a great place for a stopover. even if you only have a 12-14 hour stopover you can get out of the airport and into singapore on the MRT(very cheap) and grab a few hours sleep in one of the airports transit hotels. (you may not want to leave the airport as there's so much to do in there including a cinema and swimming pool.)
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

ooooohhh! now that's new to me!!
pool & cinema???

I have used the transit hotel... before, its clean and gets you the needed rest!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:47 pm
Beach Bum

paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

ooooohhh! now that's new to me!!
pool & cinema???

I have used the transit hotel... before, its clean and gets you the needed rest!
Never got to the pool but saw it signposted (terminal 1 I think got a bit lost in the place) and the cinema is term 2 by the transit hotel(and it's FREE) on the way out to the sunflower garden
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

spectralcluster will become famous soon enoughspectralcluster will become famous soon enough

I, too, recommend Singapore Air and a Singapore stop-over. The first time I did it with OH and 3.5 yr old and we stayed at Rasa Sentosa. Bear in mind the humidity!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:50 pm
Beach Bum

Originally Posted by spectralcluster
I, too, recommend Singapore Air and a Singapore stop-over. The first time I did it with OH and 3.5 yr old and we stayed at Rasa Sentosa. Bear in mind the humidity!
Good advice it really knocks you for six if your not used to a humid climate
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

emmakc1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love Singapore and it's great for kids. If you do stopover I would definately recommend going to the zoo (the night time trip around the zoo is magical). Also, the obligatory trip to RAffels for a Singapore Sling.

Hope the flight isn't too much hardwork with the kids. We're going to Brisbane for our activiation visit in March with our four year old, can't say I'm looking forward to the flight too much!!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:43 pm
Beach Bum

Originally Posted by emmakc1977
I love Singapore and it's great for kids. If you do stopover I would definately recommend going to the zoo (the night time trip around the zoo is magical). Also, the obligatory trip to RAffels for a Singapore Sling.
Just take plenty of money as raffles isn't cheap the sling is $25 a pop I'd also recomend a river cruise only $15 each

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.