Fluff problem!

Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:46 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fluff problem!

Does anyone else have a problem with fluff here or is it just me? I seem to get fluff on all my clothes and I'm sure my lungs are full of the stuff from my bed sheets and towels. I never had this problem in the UK so is this an Aussie thing or what? Can anyone tell me how to stop my linen defluffing everywhere before I suffocate in it!!!!!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:52 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Fluff problem!

Originally Posted by meelie
Does anyone else have a problem with fluff here or is it just me? I seem to get fluff on all my clothes and I'm sure my lungs are full of the stuff from my bed sheets and towels. I never had this problem in the UK so is this an Aussie thing or what? Can anyone tell me how to stop my linen defluffing everywhere before I suffocate in it!!!!!
Yes, it's an Aussie thing.

The Ministry of Laundry Fluff has a helpful pamphlet which you can order through the post...
Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:55 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fluff problem!

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

The Ministry of Laundry Fluff has a helpful pamphlet which you can order through the post...
Cor fanks everso! Oh by the way, how do you know when you aren't yet living in OZ?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:56 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Do they have a pamphlet on dust too? Where the hell does the dust come from. We have a spare bedroom which we keep closed and sealed from week to week, and yet have to dust it every couple of weeks.

Mrs JTLs theory is that Oz houses aren't sealed to the outside environment too well, so even if you have all the doors and windows shut, you still get dust everywhere.

ADL
Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:57 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Cor fanks everso! Oh by the way, how do you know when you aren't yet living in OZ?

He can't wait to tell you he is a born and bred aussie
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:05 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Fluff problem!

I'm an Aussie born and bred; currently on a working holiday in the UK, where I've lived for the past 20 months.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:06 pm
Fighting my corner

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:10 pm
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Fluff problem!

Do they have a pamphlet on dust too? Where the hell does the dust come from. We have a spare bedroom which we keep closed and sealed from week to week, and yet have to dust it every couple of weeks.

Mrs JTLs theory is that Oz houses aren't sealed to the outside environment too well, so even if you have all the doors and windows shut, you still get dust everywhere.

ADL
I think you're right. I've noticed that UK houses are practically airtight (ventilation being an unknown science in these parts), while in Australia the reverse is true.

Aussie houses are designed to let the air and sun in; unfortunately, this brings dust as well.

Is your spare room carpeted? That might also be a factor.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:18 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you're right. I've noticed that UK houses are practically airtight (ventilation being an unknown science in these parts), while in Australia the reverse is true.

Aussie houses are designed to let the air and sun in; unfortunately, this brings dust as well.

Is your spare room carpeted? That might also be a factor.
We lived in rural Somerset and it was terribly dusty from all the grass, although I am a fresh air fiend and constantly had the windows open. Nothing good about an airtight house.

I wonder too if people have a higher turnover of skin cells in Oz because of the hotter climate?

Sue
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:19 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

You are sooo right! And yes I have problems with dust too!!!!! Don't know if that is because of the way the houses are designed or the heat. Mind you this house we are renting is like living in a time warp! Talk about old fashioned decor!! Our dust could be due to the place crumbling quietly around our ears! Thank goodness we are moving in October!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:20 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
We lived in rural Somerset and it was terribly dusty from all the grass, although I am a fresh air fiend and constantly had the windows open. Nothing good about an airtight house.

I wonder too if people have a higher turnover of skin cells in Oz because of the hotter climate?

Sue
EEEEWWWWWW :scared:
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:21 pm
Fighting my corner

Originally Posted by Bella Donna

Sue
Probably.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:33 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Is your washing-machine a top-loader by any chance? Many ppl on this forum have reported that one of the "side-effects" of a top-loader is fluff on clothes.

Gina
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Not so bad here as we are on a breezy hill, but when we lived in a dip the house (north Brisbane) was thick with clumps of dust and fluff all the time, even the day after a thorough clean. Very bad for asthma/eczema but didn't seem to be any way of stopping it.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:47 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

EEEEWWWWWW :scared:
But that's what dust is, mostly. Dead skin cells....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.