Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights for under 2s - advice please!

Flights for under 2s - advice please!

Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights for under 2s - advice please!

If you kids are the type that like sitting on your lap a lot then don't worry about the extra seat - as you will most probably end up with one of them on your lap anyway during the flight.

Originally Posted by Stokesy
Hi!

I have a 3 year old and another who will be 2 in March. I am wondering whether to go just before he is 2 to make massive saving on airfare. I realise him not having seat could be nightmare at meal time/sleep time etc but can not see him sitting in the blasted seat for much time - just running around the plane. so kinda thinking it will be waste of money anyway. and what if there's a spare seat anyway next to ours? would be gutted having forked out £500.

any advice from anyone who has done this journey with under 3s would be much appreciated. i may have to come back on my own with the kids as hubby may go back to work and i may stay out longer (as we have family there).

Also - does anyone know best sites for cheap airfares and is it best to book well in advance (going March/April time) or will they get cheaper nearer the time?

Thanks v much!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

Hi...

Our kids were 3 1/2 and 18 months when we moved to Australia and we did not pay for the extra seat as we knew the youngest would want to sleep on our lap anyway which proved the case. One piece of advice, do not book the bulk head seats if you youngest is over one as they are not likely to fit in the sky cot, we made this mistake and our oldest was then really uncomfortable as you can not raise the arm rests in the bulk head seats so she could not stretch out!

Good luck whatever you decide......just think that whatever happens it is only one day of your life!!

Chloe
Old Sep 14th 2006, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

24 hours flying with a nearly 2 year old on your lap :scared: how would you sleep, eat, god no its bad enough as it is without adding further torture, buy a seat.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

We did the flight with Singapore Airlines, the 18 month old slept on my lap for 7 hours and then shared the seat with her 3 year old sister (no problem given their size) whilst they drew, read etc Then 6 hours in Singapore and 4.5 hours onto Perth which was no problem as she slept for half of it....I think the thought of it is worse than the reality!