Reload this Page >

Flights to UK May 2009

Wikiposts

Flights to UK May 2009

Old Jan 4th 2009, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Willin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights to UK May 2009

Planning my first trip home and it will be roughly two years from when I arrived.

Is anyone currently researching flights back in May 2009?
Flying Sydney to London alone.

Best deals at the moment seem to be through Thai Airways and Etihad.
$1985 includes stopover.

It seems pretty reasonable. I'd rather take this up now than sweat on a late deal.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default Re: Flights to UK May 2009

Originally Posted by Willin
Planning my first trip home and it will be roughly two years from when I arrived.

Is anyone currently researching flights back in May 2009?
Flying Sydney to London alone.

Best deals at the moment seem to be through Thai Airways and Etihad.
$1985 includes stopover.

It seems pretty reasonable. I'd rather take this up now than sweat on a late deal.
Are you wanting your own movie screen. Last I heard you had to watch a big screen on Thai Airways so no choice of movie. May not matter to you but worth ringing and checking if it does. No idea about Eithad.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Willin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Are you wanting your own movie screen. Last I heard you had to watch a big screen on Thai Airways so no choice of movie. May not matter to you but worth ringing and checking if it does. No idea about Eithad.
Thanks for highlighting this but found this on the Thai Aus site:

"Flights between the East Coast of Australia (Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney) and Bangkok have individual TV screens with video on demand (AVOD) and are operated with Boeing 777's. The entertainment system features the latest in movies, games, music and documentaries."

I think you're right on the BKK-LHR route though as its a 747.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:52 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

Check out Air Asia.

Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur, KL - Stanstead.

They do some good deals.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I am going back to the UK in May with Singapore, booked it a few months ago, just over $3K for me and little one (she is having her own seat). I was pretty happy with that considering a few months previous I'd been looking and it was over $5K!