Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

flights to the uk

flights to the uk

Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:54 am
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default flights to the uk

we will be leaving for the uk in august, i previously asked about flying via singapore but have now decided that it will be a long time before we can afford to travel again so would like to go to LA and visit disneyland for a few days, has anyone done this before? if so what are your experiences? who can i book through? and how cheap are the flights, hotels and park tickets? sorry for all the questions
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:01 am

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: flights to the uk

anyone?
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

jillandsi will become famous soon enough

Hi,
We flew UK-OZ in 2003 and went via Florida and LA. We stayed in Florida for 1 week and did the parks and then did 2 days in LA but didn't do the parks we just went to the beach/Hollywood.

As far as I can remember we flew United Airlines but I can't remember if all 3 flights were United as it didn't matter because the flights didn't need to be connected in any way, we just booked based on each individual flight times/days etc.

Cost wise, a quick look on the various flight search engines or airline websites will give you more of an idea than I could, however it's obviously dearer (as you probably know).

Disney wise, I don't think that there are direct flights to the UK from LA so you would need an extra stop on the east coast of US. If that is the case I would choose Disneyworld, Florida as opposed to Disneyland, LA. I haven't been to Disneyland, LA but have been to Disneyworld, Florida and from what I have been told it's better, more parks, better transport round parks etc.
Disney have a website where you can price the tickets/packages etc. We've been to Disney a few times in the past years and I think that the packages sold through the UK might be cheaper than buying when there, don't know about through OZ as nobody really mentions Disney here.

Hotels, Disney do their own hotels which are slightly dearer than ordinary ones but at Florida they're good for laying on transport from hotel to park, park to park and probably airport to hotel, however it's tougher to get to the non-disney parks with no car. Ordinary hotels can be found through travel agents or holiday search engines or hotel own websites i.e. marriott etc, they usually lay on looser transport to the parks also.
We booked a villa when we went as we had quite young children and it was better.

We liked the stopping off idea, sometimes it's easier to just get the travelling over and done with rather than dragging it out but it was handy for not dealing with jetlag and young children and we wanted to do Disney anyway.

Hope this helps

Jillian
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:58 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by collybabe24
we will be leaving for the uk in august, i previously asked about flying via singapore but have now decided that it will be a long time before we can afford to travel again so would like to go to LA and visit disneyland for a few days, has anyone done this before? if so what are your experiences? who can i book through? and how cheap are the flights, hotels and park tickets? sorry for all the questions
Hi Ya

What about Hong Kong?? There is a Disney there now. http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/h...?name=HOMEPage

LA might be a bit off the main airline routes to get to Oz.... just a thought.
One good thing about going via the USA, I believe you get an larger luggage allowance... check it out first.

Travel to/from USA,

US Territories, Tahiti, South America and Canada^
via the Pacific
First: 2 pieces
Total dimensions* of each piece must not exceed 158cm (62in)
Business/Economy/Premium Economy: 2 pieces
Total dimensions* of the 2 pieces must not exceed 270cm (106in) with no 1 piece exceeding 158cm (62in)
Old Jul 11th 2009, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

jillandsi will become famous soon enough

That's a thought, you'll have to go via Sydney.

We did get better allowance through US but check all of your airlines/flights as you don't want to be over the allowance on one section.

Jillian
Old Jul 11th 2009, 10:14 am

Thanks guys for your help, ive been doing lots of flight searches but geez they are very expensive compared to going via singapore, decisions decisions lol
Old Jul 11th 2009, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

SBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by collybabe24
Ker Ching $$$$$ .... my wife is gonna look into for you (HWT) but I don't think its gonna be nice reading... we'll meet up at Drayton Manor instead eh and save some cash ???
Best Wishes.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by SBOZ
Ker Ching $$$$$ .... my wife is gonna look into for you (HWT) but I don't think its gonna be nice reading... we'll meet up at Drayton Manor instead eh and save some cash ???
Best Wishes.

lol sounds good , yep im getting the feeling its not gonna happen, will have to go via singapore me thinks, oh well after this weeks over with the pest inspection i can start booking them, fingers crossed house sale goes thu smoothly
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Not yet - one of my things to do when I have more time (and money!). When you have a limited holiday entitlement and you want to get home unfortunately the long route isnt much of an option.

If I were going to do it that way though I would totter down to Flight Centre and let them do the leg work for me rather than negotiate the minefield of online bookings - far too complicated. I'd ask them to come up with a couple of scenarios which meet your needs and see if the dollars will stretch that far. For sure the Singapore route is going to be the cheaper option no matter which way you cut it.

Good luck, you must be really excited planning your escape strategy - just dont stress too much and look after yourself!
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:58 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

was my impression that LA was definitely on the flight path to Australia. AirNZ fly via LA - it was more difficult and costly to get a flight to the east coast (we tried as I'd rather have passed through NY - hated LA and had an awful time there but I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Not a great place for budget travellers)
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

wednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant future

we've just booked to go back to the UK in September for 4 weeks,

It's cost $7500 for 3 adults and 2 kiddies (including my 13 year old son ?????!!!!!! Either give kids a discount or don't. Please don't p**s about telling me a 13 year old is an adult).

We consider that to be a good deal, 12 -18 months ago we were looking at $11 -$12,000. We are flying with Emirates, 3 x 7 hour flights, we,ve previously used Singapore Air, who were very good but we wanted to try the 3 flight system too. Singapore use a 13 then 7 hour flight system.

Looking forward to seeing the rellies for the 1st time in 3 1/2 years.
Also looking forward to seeing the Wolves in the Premier league again.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:41 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked the routes with V Australia connecting with Virgin Atlantic ? You'll find them cheaper than Air NZ for that run.

As mentioned above there is above Disney HK and of course Disney Tokyo. LA is my personal idea of hell on earth.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:29 pm

Thanks guys
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:02 am

after searching all week i finally gave in and called the flight centre as i couldnt find anything cheap, they got me one way tickets for 2 adults and 2 children from brisbane to sydney 1 nights accomodation sydney to abi dhabu 5 nights accomodation and transfers then on to manchester for $4600 not bad i think, at least i get to have a break which was the main thing
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:12 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Centurion
Have you checked the routes with V Australia connecting with Virgin Atlantic ? You'll find them cheaper than Air NZ for that run.

As mentioned above there is above Disney HK and of course Disney Tokyo. LA is my personal idea of hell on earth.
Nothing can beat DISNEYWORLD, ORLANDO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.