Flights for a recce mission

Wikiposts

Flights for a recce mission

Old Apr 21st 2005, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

AmandaJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights for a recce mission

Originally Posted by Australia Bound
I'm looking for flights to Oz for first week in June, it's a recce mission to check things out, our first visit. We're looking at Perth for the moment. Flying out on the third and flying back on the 17th.

Can anybody recommend a good website. I've have a look around and prices seem to be around the £500 mark. Does that sound about right?

Sounds pretty good to me, we flew to Melbourne with Cathay Pacific who were excellent. You can check this out on their own website. I also flew out for a recce late last year with Qantas, who were equally as good and well priced. I think it can just be luck of the draw when you decide to book. travelselect.co.uk is also a good website to check for price comparisons (subsidary of lastminute.com).
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:02 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights for a recce mission

As a general rule you will find the service you receive from a far east carrier is better than others, with Singapore, Malaysia & Cathay top of the list (in no perticular order). British Airways woud come way down just above most American carriers Qantas above that and Emirates are coming good.

Given the choice i would avoid Garuda Indonesian and if you like an inflight tipple remember Royal Brunei are dry.

If you are flying from the north of england or Scotland its worth bearing in mind that Emirates now fly from many regional airports with a change of aircraft in Dubai, which means you dont have to transit Heathrow.

Lynn