Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

flights from oz to the uk

flights from oz to the uk

Old Mar 19th 2005, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

baggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant future
Default flights from oz to the uk

i have seen numerous posts that people say they can barely aford the flight from oz to the uk once they move to oz.

can anyone give me any comparisions to the fight costs.

we are going over to perth in 4 wks for a reccie visit the flights cost us 535 for an adult return to birmingham.

karl
Old Mar 19th 2005, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default Re: flights from oz to the uk

Originally Posted by baggie
i have seen numerous posts that people say they can barely aford the flight from oz to the uk once they move to oz.

can anyone give me any comparisions to the fight costs.

we are going over to perth in 4 wks for a reccie visit the flights cost us 535 for an adult return to birmingham.

karl
nothing to do with flights from oz to the UK, but BA have a flight sale on the Uk to Sydney and Melbourne at the mo. Allegedly it can cost you under £500 return (inc taxes) but just to test it I put in loads of dates and couldn't get any to come in under less than around £570
Still not bad though if anyone's heading over...
Old Mar 19th 2005, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

CreditCardKing will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DianneH68
nothing to do with flights from oz to the UK, but BA have a flight sale on the Uk to Sydney and Melbourne at the mo. Allegedly it can cost you under £500 return (inc taxes) but just to test it I put in loads of dates and couldn't get any to come in under less than around £570
Still not bad though if anyone's heading over...

I fly back to Newcastle UK every year and the cheapest I have paid is A$1720.00 flying in October 2004, I am going in June 2005 and its cost A$2588.00. The taxes have increased from around A$200 a couple of years ago to A$370 now. I always fly Qantas/BA discount economy and get a free flight every 4 trips from my airmiles. If you are just flying to London then there are much better deals available from other airlines. My friends come over here regularly from Newcastle and they have paid between 600 pounds up to 1000 pounds depending on how long in advance they book their tickets and the specials available with British Airways at that time and the time of year. There are massive differences between peak and offpeak season.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

mutang is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi , do you know when are the peak / off peak seasons? I'm looking to be going out to Melbourne this summer school hols , i guess this will be peak ?
Thanks ,
Jim
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:44 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mutang
Hi , do you know when are the peak / off peak seasons? I'm looking to be going out to Melbourne this summer school hols , i guess this will be peak ?
Thanks ,
Jim
Click on one of the airlines / destinations here anf you will see how prices change through the year. These are UK to Aus but you get the idea.

http://www.leestravel.com/fares.htm#oz
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:46 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mutang
Thanks ,
Jim
School hols tend to be in the peak period. It is the date you fly out that matters.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

From Oz, feb, oct and early nov are the cheap periods. Taxes have risen and need to be added on to the airfare.

Cheapest bris to lon we can get is around $1700 off peak then add the taxes! I cant see getting out for less than $2000 nowdays. Kids pay 67 or 75 %.

Trip for family with insurance and taxes around $11,000 then, add another $5000 for peak times, as in when you could actually go with school age kids. Average aussie wage around $50,000, after tax $37,000.

Add spending, lost wages, insurance, accom or car hire and bingo you need a second mortage