Flights help

Old May 3rd 2006, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights help

I've always wanted to go to Las Vegas so thought I'd pop in on the way to Perth - only it doesn't seem to be that easy !

Getting to Las Vegas is easy but then we'd have to fly from Las Vegas to LA to Melbourne and then to Perth !!

Without know what airlines fly what routes - does anyone know of a better way of getting from Las Vegas to Perth ?

Heather
Old May 3rd 2006, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights help

Pretty sure there is no chance of a direct flight from USA to Perth so however you go about it you are going to have multiple stops. LA is probably the major hub down that west coast so probably the vast majority of flights from uSA to Australia will start there.

The flight from Melb-LA was the longest commercial flight it was possible to do if I remember correctly, until Singapore introduced the Sing-NY route
Old May 3rd 2006, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Pretty sure there is no chance of a direct flight from USA to Perth so however you go about it you are going to have multiple stops. LA is probably the major hub down that west coast so probably the vast majority of flights from uSA to Australia will start there.

The flight from Melb-LA was the longest commercial flight it was possible to do if I remember correctly, until Singapore introduced the Sing-NY route
Doesn't sound such a good idea after all with two kids
Old May 3rd 2006, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
Doesn't sound such a good idea after all with two kids
But they would sure love Disneyland in LA :P
Old May 3rd 2006, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Teliko21
But they would sure love Disneyland in LA :P
I'm sure that they would, but we went to Florida in February and I don't think I'd manage to get hubby to a disney park again !

I need to be able to look up the places which fly directly into Perth so I can see where I may fancy stopping over - is there any websites that show this ?
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

I've always wanted to go to Las Vegas so thought I'd pop in on the way to Perth - only it doesn't seem to be that easy !

Getting to Las Vegas is easy but then we'd have to fly from Las Vegas to LA to Melbourne and then to Perth !!

Without know what airlines fly what routes - does anyone know of a better way of getting from Las Vegas to Perth ?

Heather
I believe LA and San Francisco are the major hubs to fly on, but you will not get a direct flight. There are a number of airlines that do that route, try looking at the onw world alliance as well as airlines direct. I think ebookers do an option for flying 'via' and you could also try looking at the sites listed here: http://www.yellabrickroad.com/flights.html
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:59 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Do you absolutely have to fly via the US?

If you go the other way, you'll have lots of choices for stop-overs. I don't know of a single website where you can see them all at once.

But if you look at all the different airlines, you'll see their stop-overs on direct flights to Perth. The ones that spring to mind from memory are:

- Singapore Airlines
- Emirates
- Malaysia
- British Airways
- Quantas

There are more but can't remember them off hand.

Stop-over destinations on route to Perth include Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hongkong, Dubai. Again, I think there are more, but those are the most popular ones.

If you go to a website like expedia and pretend to book a flight to Perth from the UK, you'll get a number of airlines and stop-over places. Then if you go to the airlines' indiviudal websites, you'll probably get more.

Happy planning

Gina
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Do you absolutely have to fly via the US?

If you go the other way, you'll have lots of choices for stop-overs. I don't know of a single website where you can see them all at once.

But if you look at all the different airlines, you'll see their stop-overs on direct flights to Perth. The ones that spring to mind from memory are:

- Singapore Airlines
- Emirates
- Malaysia
- British Airways
- Quantas

There are more but can't remember them off hand.

Stop-over destinations on route to Perth include Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hongkong, Dubai. Again, I think there are more, but those are the most popular ones.

If you go to a website like expedia and pretend to book a flight to Perth from the UK, you'll get a number of airlines and stop-over places. Then if you go to the airlines' indiviudal websites, you'll probably get more.

Happy planning

Gina
Thanks Gina - we don't have to fly via the US I'd just like to - I'd like to see the Grand Canyon before we get to Oz as I doubt we will when we get there as there 'll be so much else to see.
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:48 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Gina - we don't have to fly via the US I'd just like to - I'd like to see the Grand Canyon before we get to Oz as I doubt we will when we get there as there 'll be so much else to see.
I saw the Grand Canyon yesterday!....... OK it was on Google Erath, but it was good.
Old May 4th 2006, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Heather
We are doing something similar. We will be driving from Vegas to LA as it's only about 4 hours. You can then get a direct flight from LA to either Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne. You could then get a connecting flight to Perth. I would choose either Brisbane or Sydney depending on connecting flights. There is no point going to Melbourne and it's one heck of a long haul. To give you an idea, we are getting a flight with BA/Qantas from London - New York - LA - Brisbane for £555 + taxes ddepartingSeptember. We will drive LA-San Fransisco- Vegas - LA. Supposed to be a really good drive.

My view is that it is far easier to get to SE Asian from Oz than it is to USA so as best to do it now!!

Good luck
Mark.
Old May 4th 2006, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by longreach
We are doing something similar. We will be driving from Vegas to LA as it's only about 4 hours. You can then get a direct flight from LA to either Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne. You could then get a connecting flight to Perth. I would choose either Brisbane or Sydney depending on connecting flights. There is no point going to Melbourne and it's one heck of a long haul. To give you an idea, we are getting a flight with BA/Qantas from London - New York - LA - Brisbane for £555 + taxes ddepartingSeptember. We will drive LA-San Fransisco- Vegas - LA. Supposed to be a really good drive.

My view is that it is far easier to get to SE Asian from Oz than it is to USA so as best to do it now!!

Good luck
Mark.
That sounds fantastic - and a good price too !
Old May 4th 2006, 6:40 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Hi Heather,
Are you off soon then me dear?
Old May 4th 2006, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Hi Heather,
Are you off soon then me dear?
I'd go tomorrow if I could but we've had to be practical so have booked the flights for 30th August
Old May 4th 2006, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

I'd go tomorrow if I could but we've had to be practical so have booked the flights for 30th August
Who have you ended up flying with? what route? Can't wait to meet up on t'other side of the world!!!
Old May 5th 2006, 5:11 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Well done Heather,
So it's full steam ahead now then!
Have we got time to get another meet up in pretty soon then??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.