Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

flights with Emirates and moving planet

flights with Emirates and moving planet

Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future
Default flights with Emirates and moving planet

i have been trying to purchase flights but when i go on to purchase them it says pick up from local emirates office..

am i doing it wrong

i have used the UKMOVE1 code and if i dont use it it will let me have eticket but it is more expensive and im sure i wont get the 50kg allowance.

also do we have to send proof of visa to emirates within 24 hours ... sure i have read this some where... we have sent our passports off to have the visas put in them after grant so at the moment we dont have the passports so cant prove it.

so for anyone who has booked with emirates...what did you do and how did you get the extra baggage allowance and get the tickets... shippers coming wed and thurs so really cant spare a day to go trotting round Manchester...
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: flights with Emirates and moving planet

It only gives you the option of collecting. Apparently issuing you with a e-ticket invalidates the offer. However, you could always ring them and ask if it is possible to get an e-ticket? They will also need to see proof of visa. It doesn't have to be within 24 hours but they won't confirm your 50kg's allowance until you have shown them the visa.

You're not doing it wrong. It's the system.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

tartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant future

I contacted Emirates UK Online Department on 0844 800 4842 and got some answers. They have been trying for 2 months to contact Moving Planet with no success You book online on the Emirates website as normal using the UKMOVE1 special code. Then you email [email protected] with proof of your unvalidated visas. Once you have done this, they will write to you confirming the 50kg baggage allowance, as long as you meet the conditions on Emirates Conditions page.

However they never gave me info on e-ticketing as I never asked
Old Sep 26th 2009, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tartantopgun
I contacted Emirates UK Online Department on 0844 800 4842 and got some answers. They have been trying for 2 months to contact Moving Planet with no success You book online on the Emirates website as normal using the UKMOVE1 special code. Then you email [email protected] with proof of your unvalidated visas. Once you have done this, they will write to you confirming the 50kg baggage allowance, as long as you meet the conditions on Emirates Conditions page.

However they never gave me info on e-ticketing as I never asked
thats great.....thankyou.....

and thatks Janna... looks like we will be having a day in manchester....xx
Old Sep 26th 2009, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

josie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant future

hello lyndhurst,

hope you are all well?

once i had booked the tickets using the UKMOVE1 promo code i spoke with emirates and they let me pay over the phone and then they issued the 'e' tickets, so i never had to visit the ticket office at the airport,

but i did have to send proof of our unvalidated PR visa, but they will be back soon i bet?

hope this helps
josie jo x
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

LOL,,.. one day im just going to learn to call you and ask

you are a font of all knowledge mrs....

will try that tomorrow... do i need to show my visa in specific amount of time.... im sure somewhere i read 24 hours... dont want to miss out on the baggage allowance.. all those shoes

shippers coming on wed.. really starting to get the butterflies now..just want those passports back with the lovely stamp in it,.... just cant hang about if we want to be there for Oct 28th..

Lyndhurst..xx