Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights at Christmas?! slightly premature....

Flights at Christmas?! slightly premature....

Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:13 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Flights at Christmas?! slightly premature....

hi folks,

Assuming we get our skills assessment passed and assuming we get our visa before the end of the year, we're hoping to do a validation trip at Christmas. Obviously the worst time of the year to fly in terms of Aussie holidays etc and our busy season here but is there any hope at all of not having to sell a kidney to pay for flights? And when would be the best time to book? Obviously we won't know about our visa for quite some time so don't want to leave it till the last minute but can't take the chance and book until we know we defintiely have a visa!!

ta!

Therese
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:35 pm
a bit nearer

darendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nice
Default Re: Flights at Christmas?! slightly premature....

Wer'e hopefully doing the same as its the only time i can get off work (not taking my holidays this year,and a week off at xmas plus the 2 weeks should make it a good validation trip )
but due to getting recent work experience for the visa we can't put in for the visa till july!!! very tight for xmas i think you will agree.
but the soonest you can book is 10 months in advance anyway, but last year we went to florida for a week and booked end nov and had a good deal!
what we will do is keep an eye on the airlines and last year they seemed to have special offers around june, for xmas bookings so keep an eye out for those.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

Hi we were over in oz xmas 2007, we booked our flight in may as we were told that the price will keep rising the closer to xmas you get and boy did it we carefully watched the price ( just to prove to ourselves booking them early was a good idea!!) and they almost tripled in price
book them as early as you can is my advice !!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 6:14 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RedT
hi folks,

Assuming we get our skills assessment passed and assuming we get our visa before the end of the year, we're hoping to do a validation trip at Christmas. Obviously the worst time of the year to fly in terms of Aussie holidays etc and our busy season here but is there any hope at all of not having to sell a kidney to pay for flights? And when would be the best time to book? Obviously we won't know about our visa for quite some time so don't want to leave it till the last minute but can't take the chance and book until we know we defintiely have a visa!!

ta!

Therese
Book as early as you can I went over this christmas and booked late and got stung cost me £1300 for a return to melbourne but if I'd booked early could have got it for 7 or 800
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice

Hi,

I worked for a large independent travel agency in the U.K. for many years and believe me prices will rocket the nearer to the date you travel, especially around xmas. book as soon as possible.

Good luck with it all.

I now own a travel agency franchise on the gold coast and can help anybody who wants accomodation, tours around the world and flights from Australia.

Michael.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:33 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
hi folks,

ta!

Therese
If you plan on departing the UK anytime between 10th Dec - 24th Dec you've got virtually no chance of paying less than GBP1100 per seat. The flights will be full regardless, the airlines know it and there's little reason for them to offer cheap fares. I do remember semi-last minute last xmas seeing some fares around 800-900 on very select dates.

One thing to consider is getting a flight out of a continetal european city where availbility is generally better....I can see good fares ex-Frankfurt closer to Xmas. Get yourself a low cost flight over there and connect.