Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights - Brisbane to UK ?? Help

Flights - Brisbane to UK ?? Help

Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:26 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights - Brisbane to UK ?? Help

Alright Ceri

I would choose Singapore first as well.

But have heard good reports from most of the oriental airlines such as Cathay, JAL and Malaysia.

My girlfriends brother just flew over with Emirates and had no complaints with their service either.

TT

Originally posted by Ceri
Can anyone recommend a flight from Brisbane to UK? (Know this is in the wrong forum , but I need an answer rather quickly , which I won't get in the UK forum)

My head is in a tizzy, and don't know if I should go Sing airlines or what? Sing is my preference , they were great last time I flew them- but I would like any other recommendations too , just in case I can not get a flight with Sing at such short notice (Don't recommend Qantas - I will never fly with them again)

In any of your experience - which airline is the best for such a long trip.. ( chicken here when it comes to flying - I really do hate flying!)

I need to get back to the UK quick - ie flying back on the next available flight I can find.

anyway thanks for any replies. Must go, I feel quite sick, and my head is in a tizz, I can't think straight
Anyway, I'll check back a little later. Need an answer before 2pm

Cheers.

P.s Dotty if you read this - you went to the UK recently, what did you fly? Was it any good? . And did you have a decent break in-between flights (ie 8 hours etc) - don't think I can do the journey all in one hit.

Last edited by TrickyTree; Feb 17th 2004 at 8:29 am.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Ceri
We flew from Bris the other week via Dubai with Singapore and they were excellent. The movies were great but the food was not to good though.

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future
Post for future reference...

I know it's too late for Ceri, but in times of emergency when you have to fly for a family funeral, or to see a terminally ill relative, shopping around for airfares is probably the last thing you want to think about.

But, many airlines have an answer for this - the bereavement fare, or compassionate fare, which is offered to family members traveling for a death in the family, or imminent death. Not sure what Qantas, SA, BA have to offer, but should you have to rush back to the UK, then ask them about their bereavement fares.

Hope that helps.

Piers