Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights to Brisbane.. Best place to book ??

Flights to Brisbane.. Best place to book ??

Old Mar 14th 2005, 6:37 pm
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights to Brisbane.. Best place to book ??

Well the house hasn't sold yet and time is drawing near to the required visa Validation trip ...

So.....
Anybody aware of good flight deals at the moment, looking to head out to Brisbane last week of June ... flying of Manchester Airport.

Had a quote today through American Express ( they do all my work travel, but also fix you up for personal stuff )

Sat morning flight ...10:00am Singapore Airlines
Adult tickets one way £436 each ( inc taxes)
Adult tickets return £725 each ( inc taxes) :scared:

I paid about £550 return last time i went out a few years back, but it was early April too !!

Are Saturday flights dearer than midweek flights ??????

also ..i got quoted
2 nights accomodation in singapore x 3 = £144 4* Hotel

Best flight sales and advice on best flight prices around June would be much appreciated, i know the price fluctuates depending on time of year.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Flights to Brisbane.. Best place to book ??

Hello, we have started to look at flights as well. It does seem about right for when you have chose to go, were looking at august so our daughter can finish school and it surprised me that it gets a little cheaper then, strange because its usually more when the kids are off. We are also thinking of going to Singapore then on to Brisbane, we have been looking through travelbag for accomadation who i have used a few times before and thought were very good. Good luck with what you chose.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Flights to Brisbane.. Best place to book ??

Originally Posted by C.Owen
Well the house hasn't sold yet and time is drawing near to the required visa Validation trip ...

So.....
Anybody aware of good flight deals at the moment, looking to head out to Brisbane last week of June ... flying of Manchester Airport.

Had a quote today through American Express ( they do all my work travel, but also fix you up for personal stuff )

I paid about £550 return last time i went out a few years back, but it was early April too !!

also ..i got quoted

Best flight sales and advice on best flight prices around June would be much appreciated, i know the price fluctuates depending on time of year.
HI
Just booked our tickets with singapore airlines for 21st April
Company LEE's travel club
367-369 Edgeware road
London W2 1BS
Telephone Sales 0871 230 9777
Email [email protected] www.leestravel.com

ADULT COST £ 589.oo CHILD COST £ 455.oo Return tickets
This included visa and all taxes( still waiting for permanent visa )
Malasian airlines were cheaper but, we need to be able to change return dates ( no charge with singapore ) £100 each ticket with malay air if we dont receive our permanent visas in time
Hope this helps
john/rose
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

So.....

also ..i got quoted

That doesn't sound too bad. We're flying out on 29 June to Brisbane from Heathrow with Malaysian. Stopping off in Kuala Lumpur for a couple of nights and the price was £764 return inc taxes. It seems to be cheaper if you go via Singapore but we've been there before so wanted to stop off somewhere different. That was booked through Airline Network. The hotel sounds good value.....
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:22 pm
Oz Wannabe

jtimkey is an unknown quantity at this point

try www.cheapflights.co.uk ???

570 quid return with singapore airlines ??
Old Mar 14th 2005, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

We've booked with singapore airlines for 15th june...1 way £1076...
2 adults one child (9) manchester/singapore/brisbane.

booked it through lee's travel.

lesley (jjl family)
Old Mar 14th 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Hiya we are going on June 30th with Singapore Airlines from Manchester via Singapore
booked through Ebookers a fter much searching it was the cheapest at the time
Sue (from Manchester ) is on the same flight so it could turn out to be the expat forum next Northwest meet !!!
mary
Old Mar 14th 2005, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough

So.....

also ..i got quoted

Yeah as mentioned b4 Lees travel were very well priced, although when we had a problem and had to fly back to UK early, they wanted huge fees for using Perth airport instead of Brisbane, but one call to singapore airlines - hey presto free change of airport.

Mike
Old Mar 15th 2005, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Try www.airlinenetwork.co.uk.

Thats who we booked with!
Old Mar 15th 2005, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Zentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the rough

You can always try booking direct with Singapore Air on thier website:

http://www.singaporeair.com

We found that thier online fares were cheeper than through a discount agent, but that was a couple of years ago.

Papa Z
Old Mar 15th 2005, 9:11 am
Just Joined

shoots is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zentack
You can always try booking direct with Singapore Air on thier website:

http://www.singaporeair.com

We found that thier online fares were cheeper than through a discount agent, but that was a couple of years ago.

Papa Z
we've just booked our 1 way flights to perth for £739.20 (2 adults) direct with singapore as they we're cheaper than agents
Old Mar 15th 2005, 9:18 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sharpy67
Try www.airlinenetwork.co.uk.

Thats who we booked with!
We've booked with Airline Network as well, although they seem to be a bunch of muppets. Took them three goes to send the right electronic ticket through to us and then they forgot to send our insurance document through as well. Just hope when we get to the airport this weekend that we are booked on!
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:28 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

For the last few years before I emigrated I've made two trips a year here to visit friends, do research. Due to the first trip (for a wedding) being at a busy time of year (Easter) the Bad Airways etc prices were extortionate, they got me a flight with United via San Fran to Sydney for £600.

Since then I won't fly anyone else. Their service is brilliant right from check in at Heathrow (the staff actually smile not like BA's miserable staff) and I have been upgraded to business for the LHR-SFO leg on numerous occasions. Even in economy you get several inches of leg room more than most European carriers, the flight attendants are top notch.

Their frequent flyer points are much better than BA/Qantas 'One World' (United are Star Alliance same as Thai, Singapore etc) one return trip to Aus via States will give you a silver card and as they pre book seats when booking ticket it guarantees you best available seats in Economy, ie exit row or bulkhead. Two trips in a year will give you their gold card which adds on business lounge access.

The flights aren't too much longer, usually leave at 2PM instead of 10PM t'other way. The four/five hour layover in San Fran can be a bit of a pain but you arrive in within 1/2 hour or so of BA/Qantas etc.

If you do go that way try and avoid LA at all costs, it is a crap hole, I had to change terminals on a seriously short turnround and it is awful to get around.

I booked through Flight Centre direct who beat every other place I tried (including online places) every time. Prefer booking by talking to a human being not online just to make sure you are getting exactly what you think you are.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 5:42 pm
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
For the last few years before I emigrated I've made two trips a year here to visit friends, do research. Due to the first trip (for a wedding) being at a busy time of year (Easter) the Bad Airways etc prices were extortionate, they got me a flight with United via San Fran to Sydney for £600.

Since then I won't fly anyone else. Their service is brilliant right from check in at Heathrow (the staff actually smile not like BA's miserable staff) and I have been upgraded to business for the LHR-SFO leg on numerous occasions. Even in economy you get several inches of leg room more than most European carriers, the flight attendants are top notch.

Their frequent flyer points are much better than BA/Qantas 'One World' (United are Star Alliance same as Thai, Singapore etc) one return trip to Aus via States will give you a silver card and as they pre book seats when booking ticket it guarantees you best available seats in Economy, ie exit row or bulkhead. Two trips in a year will give you their gold card which adds on business lounge access.

The flights aren't too much longer, usually leave at 2PM instead of 10PM t'other way. The four/five hour layover in San Fran can be a bit of a pain but you arrive in within 1/2 hour or so of BA/Qantas etc.

If you do go that way try and avoid LA at all costs, it is a crap hole, I had to change terminals on a seriously short turnround and it is awful to get around.

I booked through Flight Centre direct who beat every other place I tried (including online places) every time. Prefer booking by talking to a human being not online just to make sure you are getting exactly what you think you are.
Thanks for all the replies ..... much appreciated

i'll certainly check around this week before i confirm the booking i have reserved ( i have 14 days to confirm ). Must admit the Hotel price seemed very reasonable 3 of us for 2 nights at £ 24 each per night..£144 total

If i find any bargains i'll post em up here..
Old Mar 16th 2005, 1:59 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Just a warning if you go the United route - in January they started charging for alcoholic drinks on the UK-USA leg (and they would only accept US dollars)!!! :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.