Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights Booked, So excited and scared!

Flights Booked, So excited and scared!

Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

NikkiKK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights Booked, So excited and scared!

Finally booked my flights, Moving to Oz, So much to do before I leave... Better get started,, Moving to Melbourne, Have to start checking out schools etc,
Old Jun 16th 2011, 12:06 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Flights Booked, So excited and scared!

Originally Posted by NikkiKK
Finally booked my flights, Moving to Oz, So much to do before I leave... Better get started,, Moving to Melbourne, Have to start checking out schools etc,
If you need any info, just shout! When do you arrive?

BB
Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of
Default Re: Flights Booked, So excited and scared!

Good luck!

I will never forget that feeling when we stepped onto the plane, hope, anticipation, optimism, and lots of butterflies.

Mostly helpful people on here so ask away and the good ones give very good answers, has been a great resource for me over the last 7 years or so.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:48 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by killerhales
Good luck!

I will never forget that feeling when we stepped onto the plane, hope, anticipation, optimism, and lots of butterflies.

Mostly helpful people on here so ask away and the good ones give very good answers, has been a great resource for me over the last 7 years or so.
I guess the best tip about getting on the plane is - don't have anyone who is not emigrating with you at the airport.

Do all the goodbyes in the days before you fly, then just be at the airport by yourselves. It really is much better that way.

BB
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Muttiah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
If you need any info, just shout! When do you arrive?

BB
Do you have anything similar in Albury,NSW?
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:34 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by Muttiah
Any info about Albury?

Nope, never been there.

BB
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Any info about Albury?

Nope, never been there.

BB
Thanks buddy for the reply.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 10:08 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muttiah
have you checked this site out:

http://www.visitmelbourne.com/displa...D80C476A90318/

It will give you some basic info.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Gina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this point

yey! Good luck! Where abouts are you looking to settle? If you need any help drop me a line!
Old Jun 16th 2011, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by furkew
have you checked this site out:

http://www.visitmelbourne.com/displa...D80C476A90318/

It will give you some basic info.
Thankyou Furkew and Gina both.I never thought Albury,NSW would be seen on Melbourne,Victoria page.
Thankyou for the update.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Moving to Hampton, anyone and info on the area?
Old Jun 17th 2011, 8:51 am
Victorian Evangelist

Moving to Hampton, anyone and info on the area?
Very nice, very pricey bayside area. I would love to live there if I could afford it. Nice beaches, walks, 10 mins drive from the city.

BB
Old Jun 17th 2011, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Great, didn't realise it was that close to the city,
Old Jun 17th 2011, 9:02 am
Victorian Evangelist

Great, didn't realise it was that close to the city,
I should qualify that by saying that when I drive through Hampton down Beach Road at about 6.30am on my way to work, I'm in St Kilda Road 10 mins later. I guess to get to the CBD would be another 10 mins, and add more time in busy periods.

Sorry if I misled you.

BB
Old Jun 17th 2011, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

I should qualify that by saying that when I drive through Hampton down Beach Road at about 6.30am on my way to work, I'm in St Kilda Road 10 mins later. I guess to get to the CBD would be another 10 mins, and add more time in busy periods.

Sorry if I misled you.

BB
Ah I'm sure it'll still be fine, So who's up for some beers when i arrive :-P