Reload this Page >

Flights Booked!!!!

Flights Booked!!!!

Old Jul 15th 2007, 9:20 am
Just Joined

carolk2475 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Flights Booked!!!!

One way ticket to Oz booked!!
Fly out with Qantas on 3rd February from Glasgow via Heathrow & Melbourne, anyone else going then?

Still feels kind of surreal, don't really expect it to actually happen even though I know that it will! If that makes sense!!

C x
Old Jul 15th 2007, 9:23 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights Booked!!!!

Congratulations on booking your flights! Its dead exciting isn't it?

We're off in a couple of weeks! I'm sure people are bored with me keep saying that!

jackie x
Old Jul 15th 2007, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future

Can I ask where both of you boked your flights??? ie - at a travel agents or on the internet. We are due to fly out at the end of august and were just wondering the best way to do it, any advice much appreciated

emma
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

I booked mine yesterday at the flight centre, really good as the girl looked through all options for us!
Where u headed?

Cx
Old Jul 15th 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Please let us know how you get on with Qantas! We are flying from Glasgow around about the same time as you but I fear it maybe a bit later pending visa and house sale!
We have thought about Emirates but dont fancy the midnight to 9am wait in Dubai with 3 small kids!
I have a job lined up as a Registered Nurse in Queensland...you studying midwifery in Melbourne?
Good luck and enjoy your last Scottish Christmas/hogmany!
Alan and Kim
x
Old Jul 15th 2007, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

Thanks & good luck to you all to!

Flew with Emirates 18months ago to Sydney then onto Auckland to stay with family & found them fantastic but had a 10 hour stopover in Dubai which wasn't great, you get to a hotel for 6 hours so no pint in trying to get a decent sleep anyway then back to the airport! Heard mixed reports about Qantas but then again they're Australias biggest airline so surely can't be that bad!

It's Adelaide I'm going to be studying but may move onto Melbourne/Sydney when I graduate, you never know!

It's getting exciting now that i know it's definitely going ahead!
I'm lucky that I'm going so young as I don't have a lot of things t tie up here before I go and I have full support from my family which is great!!!

C x
Old Jul 15th 2007, 4:05 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmal
Can I ask where both of you boked your flights??? ie - at a travel agents or on the internet. We are due to fly out at the end of august and were just wondering the best way to do it, any advice much appreciated

emma
Hi Emma,

I booked mine with Travelmood.com they came up with the best deal as we were looking for accomodation on our stopovers too. The guy who dealt with our booking could not have been more helpful as I asked him about a million questions, nothing was too much trouble for him. His name is Carl Edwards if you want him to sort out a quote for you.

jackie x

I also got quotes from Trailfinders, Travelbag, Airline Network, Austravel and a couple of others I can't remember the names of.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:06 pm
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Hi

OH booked ours through the 'Flight Centre' again great deal and service. Flying 9th Aug from Heathrow with Cathy Pacific as we're visiting Hong Kong (or King Kong) as out 6 yrs old calls it lol. Arrive Brisbane 15th, I'm with you on the 'outer body experience' at the moment, its happening but its not kind of feeling.

Good luck to you all.

Michelle
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:39 pm

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

We booked through travelmood too after trying trailfinders etc.

We fly out in 4 days!!!! I have really strong butterflies, they feel like contractions! the nearer it gets the stronger they are coming!

Carmel
Old Jul 15th 2007, 8:24 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by carmele
We booked through travelmood too after trying trailfinders etc.

We fly out in 4 days!!!! I have really strong butterflies, they feel like contractions! the nearer it gets the stronger they are coming!

Carmel
Gawd Carmel I hope your not going to be one of these women who give birth without actually knowing you are preganant!

Good luck with your journey where are you heading?
Old Jul 15th 2007, 8:26 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel
Hi

OH booked ours through the 'Flight Centre' again great deal and service. Flying 9th Aug from Heathrow with Cathy Pacific as we're visiting Hong Kong (or King Kong) as out 6 yrs old calls it lol. Arrive Brisbane 15th, I'm with you on the 'outer body experience' at the moment, its happening but its not kind of feeling.

Good luck to you all.

Michelle
Good luck michelle, enjoy Hong Kong, we wanted to go there but for various reasons changed our minds.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:05 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh Jackie how do these women do it?

I always looked like a spacehopper

Your trip looks fab too a twin centre holiday in dubai and singapore, ideally I would have liked to have done what your doing, enjoy, it'll soon be here!

Carmel
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:17 pm
Glasgow

Andy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant future

From Scotland, Emirates is the only way to travel to Australia. The offer one-stop flights from Glasgow, unlike British Airways who offer at least two stops, and a change of terminals at Heathrow, also the amount of bags BA lose at Heathrow it’s a risk I will never take again, avoid “British” Airways at all costs IMO.

With Emirates you are travelling with an award winning airline, every years its between Emirates and Singapore Airlines for Airline of the Year, also with Emirates there are no terminal changes at Dubai and Dubai is also an award winning airport, only award Heathrow will win is for chaos.

www.flyglasgow.net