Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

flights back to uk/return

flights back to uk/return

Old May 26th 2014, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default flights back to uk/return

Wife and bub under 2yrs are looking to go back to uk for family wedding,never really booked flights from perth,wa before as always just came to oz to visit.
Can anyone tell me whats the best places are to find cheap flights back to uk return,is there sales on right now with any airlines.
Is there best days,times to book i remember reading sometime ago about someone who wrote ways of saving on the cost of the flight certain days was cheaper,the no school holidays,time of year etc etc wish i still had this as could have played about with the days.
Is it better to book the flight from a australian site this end or can you and is it cheaper to book them from a uk site but then is this possible as how can they send you the tickets.
Would be great to find the best price for my wife or know how best to look,thanks in advance.
Old May 26th 2014, 5:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flights back to uk/return

Originally Posted by brian.w
Wife and bub under 2yrs are looking to go back to uk for family wedding,never really booked flights from perth,wa before as always just came to oz to visit.
Can anyone tell me whats the best places are to find cheap flights back to uk return,is there sales on right now with any airlines.
Is there best days,times to book i remember reading sometime ago about someone who wrote ways of saving on the cost of the flight certain days was cheaper,the no school holidays,time of year etc etc wish i still had this as could have played about with the days.
Is it better to book the flight from a australian site this end or can you and is it cheaper to book them from a uk site but then is this possible as how can they send you the tickets.
Would be great to find the best price for my wife or know how best to look,thanks in advance.
If they are going for a wedding then presumably they are going for a specific date so trying to find au low period cost-wise is pointless.
Check out airline sites for starters. There are many colsolidated sites too, one I use is www.zuji.com.au

Tickets these days are usually electronic and sent by email.
Old May 31st 2014, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

anyone recommend a good place to book,was looking at bravofly and they have very bad feedback,then looked at travel.com.au again they dont seem to have great feedback also,anyone recommend who to use,im looking for places like above which are in par woth cost as there are some sites out there who charge way more than others and,its sort of put me off reading the reviews on some places.
Old May 31st 2014, 1:27 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
anyone recommend a good place to book,was looking at bravofly and they have very bad feedback,then looked at travel.com.au again they dont seem to have great feedback also,anyone recommend who to use,im looking for places like above which are in par woth cost as there are some sites out there who charge way more than others and,its sort of put me off reading the reviews on some places.
Direct with the airline?
Old May 31st 2014, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

www.kayak.com.au
Currently some great deals for travel during June/July
Old Jun 1st 2014, 10:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Direct with the airline?
Thats what I always do now. The only consolidators I've used are Zuji and Expedia. I've heard good reviews of Kayak too
Old Jun 1st 2014, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Compare direct with airline website with asking a travel agent to find the lowest fare; select the best/cheapest - will very, very rarely be cheaper any other way.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 10:55 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Lastminute.com is great. I paid around 700 quid for a return from Heathrow to Perth for Qatar airlines. The flight was pretty empty as well so I got to lie down. However, just having had a look it seems to be a shit load more booking from the Australian end - 1150 quid. Is it possible to do the return leg first!!?
Old Jun 1st 2014, 10:52 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Is it possible to do the return leg first!!?
No. You depart from Australia, you pay the Australian fare.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 2:36 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Lastminute.com is great. I paid around 700 quid for a return from Heathrow to Perth for Qatar airlines. The flight was pretty empty as well so I got to lie down. However, just having had a look it seems to be a shit load more booking from the Australian end - 1150 quid. Is it possible to do the return leg first!!?
Agree that lastminute.com are great from the UK, but are shite from Oz, always more expensive than other sites.

Another thumbs up for kayak here. There are tons of sites Brian, those mentioned, plus webjet, iwantthatflight, can't think of anymore off the top of my head but if you need more, type 'flight search engines' into Mr Google and he'll spit back pages of the things
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Blade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond repute

cheapflights.com.au. I found a flight from Sydney to London Heathrow for just under $2,000 to go back to a wedding in September. Ok, it is with Malaysian Airlines and a 17 hour wait at Singapore International Airport but that's ok.

They search the system and find the best one, I ended up going to jetconnect.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blade Down Under
cheapflights.com.au. I found a flight from Sydney to London Heathrow for just under $2,000 to go back to a wedding in September. Ok, it is with Malaysian Airlines and a 17 hour wait at Singapore International Airport but that's ok.

They search the system and find the best one, I ended up going to jetconnect.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Agree that lastminute.com are great from the UK, but are shite from Oz, always more expensive than other sites.

Another thumbs up for kayak here. There are tons of sites Brian, those mentioned, plus webjet, iwantthatflight, can't think of anymore off the top of my head but if you need more, type 'flight search engines' into Mr Google and he'll spit back pages of the things
Hi we use to fly often from Perth to overseas and I always use to look at booking direct with airlines (lots of on off special fares) and I would then just google "cheapest flights from Perth to.........." and compare the prices. Depends really as well ie if you want to do a few changes or direct (usually one stop from Perth) and where to in the UK you will be arriving. B.A fly to London and then onto regional airports as does Malaysian, the last two times we fly to the UK from Perth we got great deals on Singapore Airlines and Emirates, your flying into our Summer time here so prices will be that little bit more expensive. Good luck
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 1:23 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

There's cheap flights on offer with Air Asia at the moment, around $150 each way Perth to KL and back again and then around £500 return KL to LHR. And for two dozen dollars more you can stop over at Langkawi for a few days
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Blade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Meant Kuala Lumpur airport - *smacks head*

Long day yesterday

Kuala Lumpur isn't a bad airport for a long transit. Especially if you take advantage of the hotel they have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.