Flights......

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice
Default Flights......

Just a quick question....where is the best deal of booking one-way flights with extra baggage allowance?

Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights......

Originally Posted by newlife_downunder
Just a quick question....where is the best deal of booking one-way flights with extra baggage allowance?

Thanks
Singapore Airlines - 40kg per person on one way flights on unvalidated visa.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/index.jsp
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Griffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really nice

Thanks
For us - Singapore out of Heathrow - we managed to get 40kgs allowance each and it was about £1,500 total for the three of us...

If you are booking through an agent - make sure they price match and have the flights you like on screen when talking to them.

With regards to luggage - we ended up having to send copies of our visas to the airline to prove we had them to get the 40kgs and they were fine with them - even given that we had already validated them in December....
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Unless you book with Singapore Airlines you are pretty much on a loser now.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice

Originally Posted by Griffangus
For us - Singapore out of Heathrow - we managed to get 40kgs allowance each and it was about £1,500 total for the three of us...

If you are booking through an agent - make sure they price match and have the flights you like on screen when talking to them.

With regards to luggage - we ended up having to send copies of our visas to the airline to prove we had them to get the 40kgs and they were fine with them - even given that we had already validated them in December....
Great many thanks, we usually fly Singapore, so will check it out
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

If you do get an extra baggage allowance get it in writing. Friends of ours had contacted Emirates and were told they'd be OK.

Of course when they turned up at Glasgow airport (flying to Brisbane) they were told that they were over their limit, there was nothing on the system to say that they were allowed extra and Emirates refused to honour the agreement. They were then faced with the prospect of paying a massive 'fine' or dumping some of their stuff. They chose the latter.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Griffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really nice

Originally Posted by tartankoala
If you do get an extra baggage allowance get it in writing. Friends of ours had contacted Emirates and were told they'd be OK.

Of course when they turned up at Glasgow airport (flying to Brisbane) they were told that they were over their limit, there was nothing on the system to say that they were allowed extra and Emirates refused to honour the agreement. They were then faced with the prospect of paying a massive 'fine' or dumping some of their stuff. They chose the latter.
Agree with this - we have the details of the luggage allowance in the conditions on our invoice showing full payment... plus the contact name and number of the agent at Singapore Airlines who agreed it all....

Only bummer is that it specifically states that my golf clubs have to be included in the 40kgs per person
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tartankoala

Agree with this - we have the details of the luggage allowance in the conditions on our invoice showing full payment... plus the contact name and number of the agent at Singapore Airlines who agreed it all....

Only bummer is that it specifically states that my golf clubs have to be included in the 40kgs per person

I have an email reply from SIA stating this. I will print that out and take it with.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

OzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I have an email reply from SIA stating this. I will print that out and take it with.
We flew AirNZ (2005) and were allowed 2 bags each at 32kg per bag. This was standard economy allowance!
Old Jun 5th 2010, 1:41 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzJo
We flew AirNZ (2005) and were allowed 2 bags each at 32kg per bag. This was standard economy allowance!
...if flying via the US (the max is now 46kg). Air NZ also now fly via Hong Kong, if you go that way only 23kg.

Edit: just checked, since about a week ago Air NZ has removed the 2 piece allowance from all long haul economy flights...so now only 23kg via US too!

Last edited by bcworld; Jun 5th 2010 at 1:48 am.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 9:12 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

Qantas still give you 40Kg, but only if you telephone and ask, I spoke to them on Wed last week as we should be flyng in July.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Julian927 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baggage Allowance when emigrating to Australia

I am really interested in this. We are flying Singapore Airlines in October - Business Class. I emailed them to ask about the extra baggage allowance and they wrote back allowing us an extra 5kg, which brings it up to 35kg.

The link you have given below doesn't take me to any info re baggage. Can you give me the "breadcrumb trail" to get there manually please?

Julie and Ian

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Singapore Airlines - 40kg per person on one way flights on unvalidated visa.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/index.jsp
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:27 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baggage Allowance when emigrating to Australia

Originally Posted by Julian927
I am really interested in this. We are flying Singapore Airlines in October - Business Class. I emailed them to ask about the extra baggage allowance and they wrote back allowing us an extra 5kg, which brings it up to 35kg.

The link you have given below doesn't take me to any info re baggage. Can you give me the "breadcrumb trail" to get there manually please?

Julie and Ian
The info doesn't appear on their website. Hardly surprising really for exactly this scenario - there you are paying for business class and SIA is secretely offering more baggage to people who have bought the cheapest fare available on the day!

If you have an unvalidated PR visa and make that clear I'm sure they will allow you 40kg though (arranged in advance).
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

llanfachreth is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, who did u speak to about this? I called them up and they said its strictly for those with an invalidated visa?

Thanks
Old Jun 11th 2010, 7:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by llanfachreth
Hi, who did u speak to about this? I called them up and they said its strictly for those with an invalidated visa?

Thanks
It probably depends on who you speak to. Technically they should only allow the extra baggage on an unvalidated visa, however some people have managed to get it even though they've validated but it's not common.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.